DualSense not charging while PS5 is in rest mode

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The DualSense doesn't charge while the PS5 is in rest mode. I already enabled the PS5 setting to provide power to the USB ports while the PS5 is in rest mode but the DualSense still doesn't charge. The same thing goes for PULSE 3D.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

lonelyvovk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey, it seems like you're having trouble getting your DualSense controller to charge when your PS5 is in rest mode, even though you've turned on the setting to provide power to it.

It looks like the issue might be related to the battery level of the controller. When the battery has three tics and is close to being fully charged, the PS5 might prevent it from overcharging by not allowing it to charge any further. This is to protect the battery and extend the life of the controller.

Also, the controller charges more slowly in rest mode than when the PS5 is turned on to avoid overcharging.

If the controller still won't charge even when it's not fully charged, you can try resetting the controller by pressing the small button on the back with a paperclip or similar object. This should help the controller pair with the PS5 again and might fix any charging issues.

It looks like the same issue might also be happening with your Pulse 3D headset, and this might also be related to the battery level.

If you're still having trouble, you can try connecting the controller and headset directly to the PS5 using a USB cable or contacting Sony support for more help.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey, it seems like you're having trouble getting your DualSense controller to charge when your PS5 is in rest mode, even though you've turned on the setting to provide power to it.

It looks like the issue might be related to the battery level of the controller. When the battery has three tics and is close to being fully charged, the PS5 might prevent it from overcharging by not allowing it to charge any further. This is to protect the battery and extend the life of the controller.

Also, the controller charges more slowly in rest mode than when the PS5 is turned on to avoid overcharging.

If the controller still won't charge even when it's not fully charged, you can try resetting the controller by pressing the small button on the back with a paperclip or similar object. This should help the controller pair with the PS5 again and might fix any charging issues.

It looks like the same issue might also be happening with your Pulse 3D headset, and this might also be related to the battery level.

If you're still having trouble, you can try connecting the controller and headset directly to the PS5 using a USB cable or contacting Sony support for more help.

It seems they sometimes charge with three tics and other times they don't.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe get a charging station or charge it via a computer. Might be annoying to do it that way but at least you get a full charge. I personally use the Sony charging station when I'm home and my pc when away and always have full battery but to be fair, when I use my dual sense controllers on pc they are wired.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe get a charging station or charge it via a computer. Might be annoying to do it that way but at least you get a full charge. I personally use the Sony charging station when I'm home and my pc when away and always have full battery but to be fair, when I use my dual sense controllers on pc they are wired.

I already have the former and use it to charge DualSense overnight.

EDIT: Sometimes, if the PS5's USB ports are being used to charge the DualSense/PULSE 3D while the PS5 is in rest mode and I take their USB cables and put them back, they stop charging as well as if I resume the PS5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool