Hacking Dualboot ReiNAND and Gateway on N3DS?

Dont Worry About it

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have my New 3DS XL set up with GW EmuNAND, and it works great, but I want to leverage ReiNAND's ability to play GBA titles. Is there a way to use ReiNAND to boot into my emuNAND to play the GBA CIAs I've installed? Do I need to wait for ReiNAND to add MSET support, or I possibly try installing the GBA CIAs to my sysNAND using FBI?

Thanks in advance! :D

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for all the questions, but will this maintain my current emuNANDs status? And will i be booting into reiNAND instead of Gateway this way? Do I lost any features?
Well no. Both will boot on the current installed emunand, and you won't lose any feature.

Simply get Reinand for n3ds, using cubic ninja, and install the gateway nvram on the downgraded mset.

So, if you want to launch Reinand, boot cubic ninja in sysnand and launch it, or if you want gateway, go to system settings, profile, ds profile ;)

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
To use the flashcart to play .3ds files
Other than that, none.

Unless Gateway goes opensource, so we could use their DRM Redcard on everything, which, I will be honnest, could be very useful.

Reactions: Madao64

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Other than that, none.

Unless Gateway goes opensource, so we could use their DRM Redcard on everything, which, I will be honnest, could be very useful.
I think it'd be super-kawaii if they just released a cia for using their cart to load .3ds files on pasty and the other custom firmware's.

They lose nothing from doing it, if anything it could earn them some money.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think it'd be super-kawaii if they just released a cia for using their cart to load .3ds files on pasty and the other custom firmware's.

They lose nothing from doing it, if anything it could earn them some money.
It could earn them a lot of money. Think about it, if it wasn't drm, it would be very useful, especially on n3ds which has to get the cover removed to add a file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple