Hacking Dual layered games

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
cooners said:
Hi, I've been using a soft moded wii for a few months now (thanks to all the useful information I got on here) but I now would like to to get hold of samurai warriors 3 as my G/F loves warriors games, I noticed that the game is dual layered, if I installed it on USB loader GX will it just work on rev14 or is there something special I need to do to get it to run, just wanted to check before I get hold of it.

Thanks

install/rip using IOS222/223 instead of IOS249 rev's 11 - 14 as they have broken DL support but is fixed in rev 15 if you want to use that to install the game to HDD

cooners

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been using a soft moded wii for a few months now (thanks to all the useful information I got on here) but I now would like to to get hold of samurai warriors 3 as my G/F loves warriors games, I noticed that the game is dual layered, if I installed it on USB loader GX will it just work on rev14 or is there something special I need to do to get it to run, just wanted to check before I get hold of it.

Thanks

cooners

Trophies
XP
Country
DKAngel said:
as far as i can tell that game isnt dual layer its single, and youll have no problem playing it

this is samurai warriors katana yes?

No not katana, this is the new samurai warriors, it's 5.25GB once installed. THanks for the help I'll go ahead and get hold of it now.
smile.gif

JustAnotherOne

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is Samurai Warriors 3 indeed...It is indeed DVD9 (Dual Layer). Once unpacked it is a little more than 7Gb. Once installed on a WBFS drive it is a little more then 6Gb. The first one I downloaded 3 days ago didn't work. I think it was a bad dump. I'am downloading another now. I hope that this one will work....I know tommorow. I'am using a softmodded Wii with ios249 rev 14 and Hermes 222/223 v4 in combination with Neogamma R8 Final and/or USB Loader GX. Until now every game works great except Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, and my first download of Samurai Warriors..... The first one could also be a bad dump...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Neither rev14 nor rev16 of IOS249 will dump the game nor play the game properly. They both are bugged for dual layer games.

Use rev17 or rev19. They are the only revisions of IOS249 free of most bugs.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
JustAnotherOne said:
This is Samurai Warriors 3 indeed...It is indeed DVD9 (Dual Layer). Once unpacked it is a little more than 7Gb. Once installed on a WBFS drive it is a little more then 6Gb. The first one I downloaded 3 days ago didn't work. I think it was a bad dump.

Check it with veriify. http://code.google.com/p/oowii/downloads/list
If it's bad it will tell you.

JustAnotherOne

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My first download was indeed a bad dump! The new one I downloaded seemed to work in the first place. That means the game started, but after I created the save data I got a black screen and nothing happened......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things