Hacking Dual Layer games on USB Loader GX

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As of now, as opposed to before, is it possible to play Dual Layer games off of a WBFS Formatted HDD? To be more specific, I'm interested in Smash Bros. Brawl, and Metroid: Other M.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested "The Other M", but SSBB works just fine. I don't see huge threads asking how to get "The Other M" to work so that is a good sign that it will work.

EDIT: I just tested "The Other M" and it works just fine.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I can get the game, and put it on a WBFS drive and it'll run?! I was so sure that DL games couldn't be run. I have the latest cIOS, so maybe that'll make it work. . .? Using USB Loader GX, as for some funky reason, WiiFlow freezes.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How about the CFG USB loader ? Any special settings to be applied ?
Sorry if it's been asked elsewhere but that elsewhere topic contains hundreds of posts.....

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were a few cIOS versions that fucked up both dual layer games running, and dual layer games being dumped correctly if you got the disc and used the wii to put it on the drive with the cIOS.

Problems should be gone now though. I keep burns or some other archive of the full image of dual layer games though, since not everything has superb support for them when compared to DVD5 images.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
k, well I'm guessing that installing the latest cIOS, I CAN put the game onto my WBFS Drive, and since nobody really answered directly (which is fine,) When I finally get a hold of the game, I will tell you all what the deal is.
biggrin.gif

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSBB might night work (Black screen when booting) just set the IOS 2 IOS222 if it works on IOS249 then it's fine!! lol Just letting u know!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all