Hardware Dual booting.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, when i get my new computer it will come with Vista. I was wondering if i could Dual boot Leopard and Vista?

you can get Leopard working on a PC now. Would i get a option to install Leopard on a new partition i made?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, when i get my new computer it will come with Vista. I was wondering if i could Dual boot Leopard and Vista?

you can get Leopard working on a PC now. Would i get a option to install Leopard on a new partition i made?

Please don't be illegal. You won't have drivers for your hardware, there's no guarantee it will work and If it does work you'll most likely have No internet and be stuck at 1024x768 Resolution because of no drivers for your hardware. Really if you want to dualboot 2 OSes I suggest Windows and Ubuntu Linux or PCLinuxOS. They are both very easy and have more effects than Mac OS X Leopard. Also I'm sure you can't talk about this in the Forum since it's illegal o.0

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Please don't be illegal.
Whether or not installing OSX on non-Mac hardware is actually against the law is still debatable.

QUOTE said:
You won't have drivers for your hardware, there's no guarantee it will work and If it does work you'll most likely have No internet and be stuck at 1024x768 Resolution because of no drivers for your hardware.
Thats incorrect. If it does work, he should have native resolution and your network drivers can be installed quite easily.

QUOTE said:
Really if you want to dualboot 2 OSes I suggest Windows and Ubuntu Linux or PCLinuxOS. They are both very easy and have more effects than Mac OS X Leopard.
MOAR EFECTS??????? OH MAN THATS ALL I CARE BAOUT IN AN OS. HOT DAMN SIGN ME UP

Also I'm sure you can't talk about this in the Forum since it's illegal o.0
You're joking right?

Anyways, I recommend you post your specs at insanelymac.com to see if its actually compatible, because if it is, LeoX86 can be pretty damn awesome.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Please don't be illegal.
Whether or not installing OSX on non-Mac hardware is actually against the law is still debatable.

QUOTE said:
You won't have drivers for your hardware, there's no guarantee it will work and If it does work you'll most likely have No internet and be stuck at 1024x768 Resolution because of no drivers for your hardware.
Thats incorrect. If it does work, he should have native resolution and your network drivers can be installed quite easily.

QUOTE said:
Really if you want to dualboot 2 OSes I suggest Windows and Ubuntu Linux or PCLinuxOS. They are both very easy and have more effects than Mac OS X Leopard.
MOAR EFECTS??????? OH MAN THATS ALL I CARE BAOUT IN AN OS. HOT DAMN SIGN ME UP

Also I'm sure you can't talk about this in the Forum since it's illegal o.0
You're joking right?

Anyways, I recommend you post your specs at insanelymac.com to see if its actually compatible, because if it is, LeoX86 can be pretty damn awesome.

It's not debatable You're breaking Apple's EULA it clearly says you cannot install The OS on anything but apple hardware. He'll need drivers MOST likely he WONT have drivers. When you don't have Graphics Drivers, You're stuck at 1024x768. And IF he can get networked he'll be lucky to be able to software update without messing up the OS. And I see no reason to why he'll want to Run OS X on his PC if it isn't about the OS effects and such.. And No I wasn't joking it is completely illegal to install it on a PC.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit, ZeWarrior vs Urza!! Let the most epic of flame wars begin!
If you're going to act like that, please constrain yourself to the testing area.

Thanks.

You're breaking Apple's EULA
That doesn't necessarily make it against the law.

He'll need drivers MOST likely he WONT have drivers.
Thats why he should post his specs on insanelymac and find out.

When you don't have Graphics Drivers, You're stuck at 1024x768.
Untrue.

And IF he can get networked he'll be lucky to be able to software update without messing up the OS.
Theres a new patch out for LeoX86 that lets you install software updates normally.

And No I wasn't joking it is completely illegal to install it on a PC.
On a forum devoted to game piracy?

dg10050

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys realize that VESA video drivers run on any standard video hardware and can be forced to your native resolution, right? You just wouldn't have hardware acceleration.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You guys realize that VESA video drivers run on any standard video hardware and can be forced to your native resolution, right? You just wouldn't have hardware acceleration.

Oh yeah I forgot before booting the OS you can just type "Graphics Mode"="Insert Resolution here" and the boot. But yeah without hardware acceleration/internet it's pretty useless.

Oh shit, ZeWarrior vs Urza!! Let the most epic of flame wars begin!
If you're going to act like that, please constrain yourself to the testing area.

Thanks.

I second this.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, it really comes down to whether or not your hardware is supported.

If it is, its not too hard to get OSX86 working, and it works pretty well once you do.

If not, then its just not going to work period, or its going to be extremely hard to get working.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Basically, it really comes down to whether or not your hardware is supported.

If it is, its not too hard to get OSX86 working, and it works pretty well once you do.

If not, then its just not going to work period, or its going to be extremely hard to get working.

This. Really though if you wanted to run OS X wouldn't it be smarter to just buy a Mac? Show me a link to the PC you bought TC.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
This. Really though if you wanted to run OS X wouldn't it be smarter to just buy a Mac?

Of course. But its cost considerably more money for less impressive hardware, and he may not be switching full-time to OSX.

And to answer the original question, you can dual-boot Vista and LeoX86 with the Darwin bootloader.

It depends. If your building a PC you save a pretty large amount of money vs Buying a Mac and Buying a PC from a manufacturer. Apple vs PC Manufacturers like Dell and HP it's pretty competitively priced. Apple might be a couple bucks extra say 100$ but you do get what you pay for.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Apple vs PC Manufacturers like Dell and HP it's pretty competitively priced.

I got a 2.2ghz Core2Duo, 2gb 800mhz RAM, 250gb 7200rpm HDD, a non-integrated graphics card, and a 20" LCD for under the price of the cheapest Mac Mini.

From Dell.

Link me to that PC sounds like a good deal lol.. Comparing Desktops PC Manufacters got it in the bag though because of cheaper parts. You can't really compare a Mac Mini to a desktop tower. The Mac Mini uses Laptop Parts which are clearly much more expensive than Desktop parts.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish they would introduce a nice mid-range Mac that DOESNT have a screen built in. Mac Mini just isn't enough with its below-decent integrated graphics, and the next step up is the iMac at 1200USD, which has slightly worse specs than the computer I described above.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I really wish they would introduce a nice mid-range Mac that DOESNT have a screen built in. Mac Mini just isn't enough with its below-decent integrated graphics, and the next step up is the iMac at 1200USD, which has slightly worse specs than the computer I described above.

The Base Model iMac is 1100$. I do wish they had a Mid-Range Mac too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1