Not open for further replies.

Mooninite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some nice step by step guidance here as I am clueless. I want to install atmosphere on my chipped mariko unit, but also keep the current SXOS just as it is. SXOS 11.0.0 and then the latest atmosphere to play the newest games.

I have no idea where to begin with setting up atmosphere cause I fear greatly if I do follow a typical atmos guide it will destroy my current SXOS set-up.

Additionally once I do get atmopshere set-up, my research has me completely confused on how to set-up a dual boot between the two.

Yes this is on the same sd card.

Can anyone guide me? It would be immensely appreciated. thank you

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leave SX OS and it's emunand as is. Download Atmosphere, Hekate and sigpatches and extract to your SD card. While powering on your system hold Vol +. While in the main menu click SX Core > Clean Up. Then click on Payloads > hekate_ctcaer_5.6.0.bin (or whatever the latest version is) to boot into Hekate. From there follow whatever guide to setup a file based emuMMC for Atmosphere. To launch Hekate you'll always need to manually launch the payload with Vol+. To boot into SX just power on as normal.

Mooninite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leave SX OS and it's emunand as is. Download Atmosphere, Hekate and sigpatches and extract to your SD card. While powering on your system hold Vol +. While in the main menu click SX Core > Clean Up. Then click on Payloads > hekate_ctcaer_5.6.0.bin (or whatever the latest version is) to boot into Hekate. From there follow whatever guide to setup a file based emuMMC for Atmosphere. To launch Hekate you'll always need to manually launch the payload with Vol+. To boot into SX just power on as normal.

Seeing these guides made me realize I know little to nothing about this.

Well. I followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-a-file-based-emunand-for-atmosphere.541810/

I am confused on where he states "9: In Atmosphere folder - rename titles folder to titles.bak (rename afterwards once the nand dump is confirmed to boot)." I did dump my nand, and I had to create a folder called titles.bak, I don't know what he means by "once the nand dump is confirmed to boot"

I booted back into atmos and found in emuMMc it is enabled, Base Folder: EmuMMC, Nintendo Folder: Nintendo-emu.

I also got the latest fusee-primary.bin and put it in my payloads directory. I also edited the Hekate IPL file as well. However when I boot it from hekate I get "Failed to init emuMMC, failed to launch HOS!"

I don't really understand where I am or if its even sharing SXOS emunand yet, I think I'm missing a lot of steps..

My final goal to just to be able to boot into atmosphere, and play the newest titles from carts, that is all. I appreciate your help, I am just confused on all the damn terminology.

Last edited by Mooninite,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guide seems pretty outdated, creating an emuMMC can be done within Hekate. I did not follow any sort of guide when setting up mine I just read the main points off githubs. You shouldn't be touching any Atmosphere files, you only edit hekate_ipl.ini to point it to your emuMMC. As long as you haven't formatted your SD card or moved your SX emunand/Emutendo folder it should be fine.

Start over, extract fresh atmosphere/hekate files onto your SD card to overwrite any changes you made. From Hekate's main menu click the emuMMC option. When I say follow a guide I mean follow instructions on how to create one using that. Gist is you are going to create a file based emuMMC there (not an SD partition and do not migrate) , click change emuMMC after it's done creating it, click the name of the emuMMC file and then save. Afterwards you then edit the hekate_ipl.ini so you can launch it. Or you can launch the Fusee-primary.bin to boot directly to Atmosphere. All you are really using Hekate for is to create an emuMMC.

Last edited by raging_chaos,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not meant as a guide, just general instructions on how to create an Atmosphere emuMMC by using Hekate on SX Core while leaving SX's emunand untouched.

Leave SX's emunand, boot.dat, license.dat, the Emutendo sxos and Switch folders along with it's files as is on your SD card.
Extract atmosphere, hekate_ctcaer and sigpatches to root of SD Card.
Create a file named hekate_ipl.ini in the bootloader folder.
Open hekate_ipl.ini and paste:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
emummcforce=1
kip1patch=nosigchk

Save the hekate_ipl.ini file and put the SD card in the Switch.

Boot SX Core while holding Vol +
Click SX Core > Clean Up
Click Payloads > hekate_ctcaer

Create emuMMC from Hekate's menu.

Click emuMMC.
Click Create emuMMC.
Click SD File and wait for it to finish.

Click Change emuMMC.
Under SD File based:
Click emuMMC/SD00.
Click OK
Click Close.

Click Launch.
Click Atmosphere.
Success?

Set Hekate to automatically boot Atmosphere.

Boot Hekate.
Click Options
Click Autoboot
Click Atmosphere
Change Update Reboot 2 Payload to On
Click Save.

Launching Hekate will now autoboot Atmosphere emuMMC.
Hold Vol - while launching Hekate or rebooting Atmosphere to enter Hekate's menu.

To launch SXOS emunand power on as Normal.
To launch Atmosphere power on with Vol + and manually launch Payloads > hekate_ctcaer.
If you get a black screen you need to click SX Core > Clean Up before launching Hekate.

Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

Mooninite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not meant as a guide, just general instructions on how to create an Atmosphere emuMMC by using Hekate on SX Core while leaving SX's emunand untouched.

Leave SX's emunand, boot.dat, license.dat, the Emutendo sxos and Switch folders along with it's files as is on your SD card.
Extract atmosphere, hekate_ctcaer and sigpatches to root of SD Card.
Create a file named hekate_ipl.ini in the bootloader folder.
Open hekate_ipl.ini and paste:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
emummcforce=1
kip1patch=nosigchk

Save the hekate_ipl.ini file and put the SD card in the Switch.

Boot SX Core while holding Vol +
Click SX Core > Clean Up
Click Payloads > hekate_ctcaer

Create emuMMC from Hekate's menu.

Click emuMMC.
Click Create emuMMC.
Click SD File and wait for it to finish.

Click Change emuMMC.
Under SD File based:
Click emuMMC/SD00.
Click OK
Click Close.

Click Launch.
Click Atmosphere.
Success?

Set Hekate to automatically boot Atmosphere.

Boot Hekate.
Click Options
Click Autoboot
Click Atmosphere
Change Update Reboot 2 Payload to On
Click Save.

Launching Hekate will now autoboot Atmosphere emuMMC.
Hold Vol - while launching Hekate or rebooting Atmosphere to enter Hekate's menu.

To launch SXOS emunand power on as Normal.
To launch Atmosphere power on with Vol + and manually launch Payloads > hekate_ctcaer.
If you get a black screen you need to click SX Core > Clean Up before launching Hekate.

You're a saint taking the time to help me man thank you! Scary process for me I've fucked up my switch before and just scared to do it again.

Well Fusee now is recognized as Atmosphere in the launch menu, I get an error stating
"Pkg1 decryption failed!
Is BEK missing?

Failed to launch HOS!"

Think I'll try putting my prod.keys in the atmosphere folder, will update

update: no change with prod.keys in atmosphere folder. seems I'm getting close however.

Last edited by Mooninite,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're a saint taking the time to help me man thank you! Scary process for me I've fucked up my switch before and just scared to do it again.

Well Fusee now is recognized as Atmosphere in the launch menu, I get an error stating
"Pkg1 decryption failed!
Is BEK missing?

Failed to launch HOS!"

Think I'll try putting my prod.keys in the atmosphere folder, will update

update: no change with prod.keys in atmosphere folder. seems I'm getting close however.

I vaguely remember Mariko users needing hekate_keys.ini in the bootloader folder for it to boot. I use a patched Erista, so we have slightly different things we have to setup.

Code:
[Prod]
mariko_bek =
mariko_kek =
package2_key_0a =
master_key_0a =

You'll need to enter the keys.

You could also try booting fusee-primary.bin instead of hekate and seeing if that works.

Reactions: Azramys

Mooninite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vaguely remember Mariko users needing hekate_keys.ini in the bootloader folder for it to boot. I use a patched Erista, so we have slightly different things we have to setup.

Code:
[Prod]
mariko_bek =
mariko_kek =
package2_key_0a =
master_key_0a =

You'll need to enter the keys.

You could also try booting fusee-primary.bin instead of hekate and seeing if that works.

Nothing seemed to work, at this point I'm just starting from scratch, I know SX is dead but seeing people successful with both really makes me want it. Started a new thread here, creating a new emunand partition, then going to split the second partition for atmos to run. I assume your code will come into use. Thank you thank you thank you! https://gbatemp.net/threads/setting-up-dual-boot-from-scratch-sx-atmos.593531/

I hope I'm not spamming these forums but I am fucking desperate and a bit sloppy.

Shiro_The_Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing seemed to work, at this point I'm just starting from scratch, I know SX is dead but seeing people successful with both really makes me want it. Started a new thread here, creating a new emunand partition, then going to split the second partition for atmos to run. I assume your code will come into use. Thank you thank you thank you! https://gbatemp.net/threads/setting-up-dual-boot-from-scratch-sx-atmos.593531/

I hope I'm not spamming these forums but I am fucking desperate and a bit sloppy.
So i was messing with this last night with my Mariko switch,
Ill try and make this as clear as i can.

from what i noticed reading though this and some other documents i found online , as well swapping to Atmosphere.
There is only one way to dual boot that i found witch will require alot of memory,
make a emunade in sxos (or have one) , leave untouched,
instead of swapping out the boot dat file for inorder to boot directly into hekate for atmosphere (included in Sx_Gear_v1.1).
leave the boot.dat alone. (sxos_3.1.0_beta Boot Dat)

Youll have to navigate though the menu to find payloads and then you can boot into hekate ,
make a system nand backup in Hekate even if you already made on in SXos and keep it on your pc

From there normally you would Migrate emuMMC from sxos,
instead youll have to make a new emunade of your internal system.
That should allow you to boot into Atmosphere via Launch

Now if you updated your sxos Emunand though ChoiDujourNX like i did (not the internal system)
and want to migrate your sxos emunand to atmosphere , youll have to do something to get it to work right
the system backup you did in Hekate grab the boot0/boot1 and replace the boot0/boot1 in your emunand
simply replace the files in your sxos/emunand/ folder (if you're using a file based emuNAND)

ChoiDuJourNX corrupts your boot0/boot1 and will prevent you from being able to boot into emuNAND on Atmosphere.
Hekate also has this function for EmuNAND. If you use that, please be sure you're NOT flashing SysNAND

from there you should be good to dual boot both systems, with additional steps.

Basically Sxos will behave normal and anytime you want to boot into Atmosphere,
youll need to Boot to the sxos Recovery menu , Navigate though the menu to payload ,
Boot up Hekate ,then that should allow you to boot the atmosphere emunand from the launch menu.

the Pkg1 decryption failed! error , i managed to fix this by going to hekate then tools ,
click the second touch option and dump Package 1/2.

If you get a failed to match warmboot with fuses - sleep mode wont work .
Thats because the emunad you made is not updated to the latest firmware
This is a system check to see if fuse match the up to date.
Youll have to use daybreak to Updated your emunand
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/616

There might be a easier way to dual boot then the way i just described , but this worked for me and can revert back if i wanted to.
Haven't run into any problems atm and tinfoil/hombrew still works n all

my internal system firmware is still 10.2.0 , i have not updated it cause im sure if it would not boot sxos anymore even though it has a mod chip i dont think it would due to sxos boot.dat not being updated

one last thing that im trying to find out but im sure it would, i just want to find more proof ,
if i did update the system internal to 12.1.0 , it would still boot to Hekate , the sxgear package is a bypass to boot to another .bin file (Hekate)

Last edited by Shiro_The_Fox,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There might be a easier way to dual boot then the way i just described , but this worked for me and can revert back if i wanted to.
Haven't run into any problems atm and tinfoil/hombrew still works n all

That's the only way us SX chip users can dual boot. The one mentioned is most guides seem to use the SX_Gear_v1.1 boot.dat to go straight into Hekate but that's exactly what breaks SX OS from loading since it's meant for RCM. I was going to get my son's Switch to mess around with it later since he has a Mariko. Did you have to setup a hekate_keys.ini file to get it to boot on Mariko?

There is only one way to dual boot that i found witch will require alot of memory

Wanted to add that with your keys and NxNandManager you can resize emunands. Using that tool I imported my hidden SX emunand and resized the USER partition to 8GB. I then wrote that resized image back to my SD card and then created a separate emuMCC with its USER partition also resized and formatted. In total I'm taking up about 20GB vs the 64GB doing it the traditional way.

Shiro_The_Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have to setup a hekate_keys.ini file to get it to boot on Mariko?
I Did not , i could not find anything solid on working with hekate_keys.ini , but everything seems to boot just fine/ work i will do more testing of loading everything i have, tonight

Wanted to add that with your keys and NxNandManager you can resize emunands. Using that tool I imported my hidden SX emunand and resized the USER partition to 8GB. I then wrote that resized image back to my SD card and then created a separate emuMCC with its USER partition also resized and formatted. In total I'm taking up about 20GB vs the 64GB doing it the traditional way.

that's interesting ill have to try that

prukpruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi, since a lotta people have been DMing me asking about how I do the dual boot

Ive been using StardustCFW
https://github.com/StarDustCFW

Basically copy everything to sd card (while backup your license.dat because the SXOS version used is a cracked one) then just boot it up using the payload given. You will be able to use both SXOS and Atmosphere. However, if you want ot update your atmostphere to the latest FW, you have to make an EmuMMC of the atmosphere, then update it while leaving SXOS at sysnand 11.0.0

Once you did that you’ll get 12.1.0 Atmos and 11.0.0 SXOS (cracked)

Why using StardustCFW?
It just make everything easy. You can boot both FW by a simple tap. It also have a tool to create EmuMMC inside and also some plugins as well

They have a Discord for supporting anyone who want to use it as well (even though most people there speak Spanish) Check them out at
https://discord.io/myrincon

Shiro_The_Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After Merging my SXOS emunand and loading up sig patches on my sd ,Booting Atmosphere All my saves and content that was installed carried over and played just fine, Just posting so people know its fine.

Using hekate and editing the hekate_ipl.ini you could dual boot that way as well android and Linux on the same sdcard granted you have enough space and edit your ini to path correctly.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After Merging my SXOS emunand and loading up sig patches on my sd ,Booting Atmosphere All my saves and content that was installed carried over and played just fine, Just posting so people know its fine.

Using hekate and editing the hekate_ipl.ini you could dual boot that way as well android and Linux on the same sdcard granted you have enough space and edit your ini to path correctly.
I wanted to do that.. but if you do linux after making emunand it will wipe your emunand. pfffff

spkatsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

You cannot have both latest firmware Atmosphere + SXOS on chipped Mariko.
Upgrading Mariko sysNAND to 12.0.2 and beyond will break SXOS working emuNAND for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr