Hacking Question Dual-boot - SXOS 11.0.0 + Atmos 0.20.1

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot have both latest firmware Atmosphere + SXOS on chipped Mariko.
Upgrading Mariko sysNAND to 12.0.2 and beyond will break SXOS working emuNAND for good.

My son's Switch is a Mariko w/ Sysnand 11.0.0 and the latest Atmosphere + SXOS work fine. The only limitations for Mariko switches are you can never update your sysnand beyond 11.0.1 and you can't use any of the dual boot setups that use the RCM payloads. Updating Atmosphere's emuMMC to the latest firmware version also works just fine.

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some tinkering here... Don´t know tour specifics but may help you
Haven't looked over whatever has been discussed but if that's some sort of guide please make sure to mention whether or not if it's for Mariko or Erista switches. What works for Erista does not necessarily work with Mariko switches especially RCM payloads.

Lutfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
My son's Switch is a Mariko w/ Sysnand 11.0.0 and the latest Atmosphere + SXOS work fine. The only limitations for Mariko switches are you can never update your sysnand beyond 11.0.1 and you can't use any of the dual boot setups that use the RCM payloads. Updating Atmosphere's emuMMC to the latest firmware version also works just fine.

Did you already updated your Mariko AMS Emunand to latest FW? Then is SXOS still run on emunand/sysnand afterwards?

I had Mariko FW 11.0.0 sysnand previously, and used to play AMS & SXOS on SYSNAND by swapping SD Card. Then I tried dual boot tutor from someone, with option AMS on SYSNAND & leave SXOS on Emunand. It works but with manual replace boot.dat, doesn't work with sxos boot.dat then payload->hekate->launch-> sysnand nor emunand (to open AMS). IT WORKS ONLY IF YOU REPLACE BOOT.DAT WITH AMS BOOT.DAT (only 10 kb size instead).

Then I tried to update my sysnand AMS to FW 13.0.0 by using Daybreak, wonder if I can have Bluetooth audio function and XCI benefit on the otherside. The result, only AMS running on both sysnand & Emunand. SXOS leave blank screen after use its boot.dat, I haven't tweaked with hekate.ini (will let you know I want to and I had done). Maybe somebody can try this too and find the solution for having those goddamn feature (Bluetooth & XCI, even you're not caveman you definitely want it)

Lutfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@raging_chaos Please let me know if you updated the AMS emunand to FW 13.0.0 with your AMS sysnand leave at FW 11.0.0.
This is the snapshoot of my research.

Attachments

• 2402d066-f67a-448e-a17b-e540bbec3a3b.png
    2402d066-f67a-448e-a17b-e540bbec3a3b.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 3ab2f063-ddc7-44f3-8afe-63ac76f4c315.png
    3ab2f063-ddc7-44f3-8afe-63ac76f4c315.png
    362.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 8c6cea68-d8d6-4b7f-bdf0-65a077fcec73.jpg
    8c6cea68-d8d6-4b7f-bdf0-65a077fcec73.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 3

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKS ONLY IF YOU REPLACE BOOT.DAT WITH AMS BOOT.DAT (only 10 kb size instead).

AMS does not have a 10kb boot.dat , that is SX's boot.dat from SX Gear. You need SX Gear's boot.dat to boot Hekate/Atmosphere. You need SX Core's boot.dat to boot into SX Core's OS. You cannot setup dual boot on Mariko systems at all with just one boot.dat and chain loading through Hekate. Every post you see where it's working is because it is an original RCM Erista v1 Switch. Mariko cannot load RCM payloads, you will never be able to dual boot the way you have been reading. Manual swap of the boot.dat file is the only way unless you write homebrew application to swap the dat and shutdown the system.

As for your second question FW 13.0.0 is working just fine on the Mariko Switch with SX Core and I can still manually boot into SX or Atmos.

Lutfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I did downgrade firmware on SYSNAND from 13.0.0 to 11.0.0 but SXOS still couldn't run, both on sys nor emu.
Tried Stardust and hekate.ini still shows blank screen. But AMS run smoothly with notice on boot the device took longer (about 1 minute) to show first boot logo (blue led light blips until switched to green). I think it's time to forget SXOS on this device forever.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AMS does not have a 10kb boot.dat , that is SX's boot.dat from SX Gear. You need SX Gear's boot.dat to boot Hekate/Atmosphere. You need SX Core's boot.dat to boot into SX Core's OS. You cannot setup dual boot on Mariko systems at all with just one boot.dat and chain loading through Hekate. Every post you see where it's working is because it is an original RCM Erista v1 Switch. Mariko cannot load RCM payloads, you will never be able to dual boot the way you have been reading. Manual swap of the boot.dat file is the only way unless you write homebrew application to swap the dat and shutdown the system.

As for your second question FW 13.0.0 is working just fine on the Mariko Switch with SX Core and I can still manually boot into SX or Atmos.
There are custom boot.dat files. One that boots atmo. Supposed to work on mariko too..
I did downgrade firmware on SYSNAND from 13.0.0 to 11.0.0 but SXOS still couldn't run, both on sys nor emu.
Tried Stardust and hekate.ini still shows blank screen. But AMS run smoothly with notice on boot the device took longer (about 1 minute) to show first boot logo (blue led light blips until switched to green). I think it's time to forget SXOS on this device forever.
You can keep sxos for just usb loading even on mariko....you can have seperate emunands. Seperate cards or 2 on the same card.

Last edited by mikefor20,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are custom boot.dat files. One that boots atmo. Supposed to work on mariko too..
If you're referring to the ones that require modification with python scripts and cracks SX's license, those do not work with SX Core/Lite chips.

If you're referring to the 12kb boot.dat that loads whatever payload is defined in boot.ini, that is from SX Gear.

Only Erista (including patched Erista w/ SX Core) can chainload the 28kb SXOS.bin file through Hekate in true dual boot fashion. Mariko cannot since the bin is meant for RCM injection.

Mariko can directly boot to Hekate with the 12kb boot.dat file, but you cannot then chainload into SXOS because that is an RCM payload and Mariko cannot inject RCM payloads. Hekate also cannot chainload the boot.dat that is used for SX Core. The only option for Mariko users are to manually swap the boot.dat file with homebrew and restarting the console or manually launching the Hekate payload through SX Core's payload option.

If there is some magic boot.dat that launches into Hekate and allows for true dual boot setups on Mariko + SX Chip the way RCM Erista then I'd like a link to it. As is only my Erista Switch can dual boot, the Mariko I mess with cannot and requires manual swapping of the boot.dat.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're referring to the ones that require modification with python scripts and cracks SX's license, those do not work with SX Core/Lite chips.

If you're referring to the 12kb boot.dat that loads whatever payload is defined in boot.ini, that is from SX Gear.

Only Erista (including patched Erista w/ SX Core) can chainload the 28kb SXOS.bin file through Hekate in true dual boot fashion. Mariko cannot since the bin is meant for RCM injection.

Mariko can directly boot to Hekate with the 12kb boot.dat file, but you cannot then chainload into SXOS because that is an RCM payload and Mariko cannot inject RCM payloads. Hekate also cannot chainload the boot.dat that is used for SX Core. The only option for Mariko users are to manually swap the boot.dat file with homebrew and restarting the console or manually launching the Hekate payload through SX Core's payload option.

If there is some magic boot.dat that launches into Hekate and allows for true dual boot setups on Mariko + SX Chip the way RCM Erista then I'd like a link to it. As is only my Erista Switch can dual boot, the Mariko I mess with cannot and requires manual swapping of the boot.dat.
Not the cracked version. Not sx gear. A custom boot.dat.

https://bfy.tw/Rt07

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting a cheeky link in a reply isn't helpful. A custom boot.dat doesn't do anything differently than the one from SX Gear other than having a payload injected into it vs booting one that's defined in boot.ini. A custom boot.dat also doesn't change the fact a chipped SX Core Mariko can't chainload an RCM payload to dualboot into SXOS from Hekate. The only way to boot SXOS on an SX Core Mariko is to use the boot.dat meant for SX Core. No python script I've seen anywhere can modify the boot.dat used on SX Core (unless something has changed in the last few months), those all modify the boot.dat used by SX Gear and can only be used to boot into Hekate/Atmosphere on Mariko.

I have the original v1 unpatched RCM Injectable Erista, a chipped SX Core patched Erista, and an SX Core chipped Mariko. Out of the three the only one that can't chainload SXOS through Hekate is the Mariko. If you have a direct link to a project that does chainload into SX Core's boot.dat through Hekate and works specifically on SX Core Mariko then please post it otherwise I'm not going to waste any time researching something I've already found a solution to.

To clarify no one is asking how to boot into Hekate.

cokacole69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever partition of the sd you want to use as a "dual boot" leave on sd. Move files to a temp direcrory and remove leftover partitions. Sx to boot hekate. Use backup tools and click sd raw emummc at bottom, back up all the raw gpp ad boot0 and boot1 from original emunand then restore them to that extra partion . Then recreate prexisting partitions using emummc create in perhaps another or Linux our Android wheratever sx. Good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Start a new thread in the 3DS board, the chat box is not the best place to ask for such advice.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    A week ago I got a payment request, through PayPal, from "[email protected]", who wanted US$64.
    Scam? Cancelled it anyway.
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    The note added to it simply said "Lucky Charms?", too.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    They're all after your Lucky Charms.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Hayato213 @ Hayato213:
    at least lucky charm is quite popular, probably my favorite cereal.
    Gift
    I wonder...how would the gaming scene have changed had the Wii (and its bullshit motion controls and criminally neglected Classic Controller) failed?
    Gift
    Microsoft certainly wouldn't have experimented with the Kinect, that's for sure. Would Nintendo have released something like the Wii U early?
    Gift
    That would've had a different name, so as not to tie it to its failed predecessor (something the Wii U dearly wished it has gotten anyway).
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    PlayStation 2 already had that EyeToy thing before the Wii, and a whole lot of games supported it. Microsoft would have had something like the Kinect even if the Wii failed.
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Planning to buy a cronus zen to record inputs to negate mundane grinds/farming, anyone have it? How is it?
    Gift
  • E1ite007 @ E1ite007:
    For some reason, some Amazon reviews said it was a scam 'cause it launch there before they made an official launch on their webpage...anyway, according to people, it's good...it was gonna be my first option to buy when I wanted something to farm in games automatically, but then I backed down since tax fees and shipping would have costed me a fortune to Mexico...
    +1
    Gift
  • SaulFabre @ SaulFabre:
    Wii was a great sucess
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Plazorn @ Plazorn:
    It was, it surpassed the PS3 and XBOX 360 sells
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I love the Wii ❤️