Dual boot and PSN connection what are my chances?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by tj445, Oct 22, 2011.

Oct 22, 2011
  1. tj445
    OP

Member tj445 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Need to know what kind of those flashers do i need in order to dual boot my ps3, and make it a CFW/OFW hybrid.
    Oh and in that case, Can I connect to the PSN to download games without getting bant?

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    For the moment you can't dualboot at all.

E3Flasher team is working on a dualboot solution, but it currently only allow you to downgrade 3.7x to 3.55
    The dualoot feature will be released later (maybe another hardware? or just a different flashed data? I didn't read a lot of information regarding E3Flasher)

3. ficarra1002

Member ficarra1002 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm new to the ps3 scene (I actually wont even own one for another hour), and dual boot is the deal breaker for if I am going to mod mine or not. Is E3 a reliable team? As in when they say they are going to have dual boot, should I not hold my breath?

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I think the team is new, I never heard of them before, but when they announced that they were working on a downgrader and dualboot solution they released video proof and showed the dual boot feature in action.

They released it on Oct 13th 2011, and it's a real product.
    Few days before the release, they announced that they were working on a "limited edition" (3000 units) solderless chip for all slim and partial FAT console .

That solderless chip is not working with dualboot yet, they changed the hardware recently and are working on adding the dualboot in this version.

here is a quote from the team, found on ps3hax:
    Check the full quote here.

So I guess it's a reliable team, they announced it, work on it and released it. They even updated it to be a solderless chip as it's easier for end user, and are still working on adding the dualboot.

It's a little expansive for "current" gen of hack devices, but ~100$ was a common price for modchip not long ago. I think it's a good price for what they offer (a lot of new hardware, HDD station, etc.). I think the users got too many DS flashcard for 10$, they just forgot the modchip prices.

Here is a review of the E3 Flasher.
    And here is the video showing the dual boot:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FJsuc_uAjc[/youtube]