dual boot ace kard rpg and akaio

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by deathking, Dec 18, 2009.

Dec 18, 2009
  1. deathking
    OP

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    hi sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to have both akaio and the official booter on the same card and switch boot methods when you want?

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    The official AK2 loaders can be used from within AKAIO to load retail ROM dumps on the Acekard 2 and 2.1. Please note that the official loaders prior to v4.12 are blocked on the AK2i. Using the official loader is an outdated method as the AKAIO loaders are currently more up-to-date and optimized more often, however, the option still remains for those who wish to make use of it. To use the official AK2 loaders, place the firmware file akmenu4.nds from the official firmware in the __aio/ak2loader/ directory. You can rename the official loader if you like (IE: ak4.11.nds, ak4.12.nds, etc). Renaming the loaders allows you to have multiple versions of the official loader for use with AKAIO at any one time. To use the loader, select an .NDS file, and open up the file properties by pressing the "Y" button (or use the Start menu). Click the "Rom Settings" button or Press "Y" again to bring up the .NDS options. The second spinbox from the bottom will allow you to select the official loader if you have placed it in the correct directory, as previously stated. Click "OK" or press "A" to confirm your changes. Now you can use the official AK2 loader for this specific ROM instead of the default AKAIO AK2 loader.

3. deathking
    OP

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    your the best
    thanks for the fast reply

4. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    AKAIOs alternate loader feature doesnt work with the RPG. its for ak2 and ak2i.

You should try out the Wood firmware for the RPG