DSXtreme + M3 lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by luck11, Nov 5, 2006.

Nov 5, 2006

DSXtreme + M3 lite by luck11 at 12:22 AM (793 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. luck11
    OP

Newcomer luck11 Member

Canada
    Hi. Getting my son a DS lite for x-mas.

I'm also considering getting a DSXxtreme to strictly run NDS roms and an M3 lite to run GBA roms (but also to have the option to run a few NDS if necessary.

I know that DSX also substitutes as a passme, but I'm not sure how it would work if I had both the DSX and M3 lite in the DS lite at the same time.

Would I get a screen giving me the options of either running off the DSX or the M3....ie. could I chose which cart I play games off of, or would one be the default?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Well for the moment it is not possible to load upp an m3 if you have a ds xtreme in the ds-slot. But they seem to be working on it and i don't think it will be too long before they release an update which fixes this problem. When it is fixed and you can run an m3 with the ds xtreme in the ds-slot the thing that should happen is that when you turn your ds on (with both m3 and ds xtreme in) you would boot up the m3 directly. And if you want to play the ds-xtreme all you have to do is to hold the select button and then power on the ds.
    Oh forgot to say that if you don't hold in select and boot up the m3 you'll get to the nds menu for the m3 and not the gba menu. You could either go to nds menu and press start to get to the gba menu, or you could hold in select while starting up the ds and then choose the gba game instead of the ds game [​IMG] .

Ps: I'm not a 100% sure but i think this is the way it works.

Edit: sorry if it's confusing or if the english is bad [​IMG]

3. deathspawn999

Member deathspawn999 GBAtemp Regular

they linked a program on the original forums that will let you do it if you are that desperate for it. not a permanent fix, just a temp fix ofcourse [​IMG].

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    this would be a poor solution and a waste of $$, just stick with the m3 lite.