DSX: Game Freezes

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Kurimu, Jul 12, 2007.

Jul 12, 2007

DSX: Game Freezes by Kurimu at 11:00 AM (3,482 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Kurimu
    OP

Newcomer Kurimu Newbie

Since i obviously cant ask in the "official DSX" forums, i hope someone on gbatemp would know. Basically, some games freeze on me, or revert back to an earlier save. Izuna does the save problem, and Nervous Brickdown freezes at a very specific point. I beat everything up the the "retro" level, and whenever i try to continue it (after tapping twice to "OK" the tutorial") the screen goes black, and it ceases to function. Everything else up to that works fine in Brickdown.

Wondering if anyone else had these problems (i think someone mentioned the save problem is known) but the freezing at specific places? I tried redoing the game, same deal. Suggestions?

2. loathsome

Member loathsome GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    What other games does this happen with? When I had this problem, it was because I had a bad ROM loaded onto my DS-X.

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
  4. Kurimu
    OP

Newcomer Kurimu Newbie

rofl, thanks XD; i will check it out; i trimmed all my roms, could that be the problem? (But nervous brickdown wasnt, i do not play many games, those two roms give me the most trouble)

5. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    It depends what trimmer you used, I think the original R4 trimmer for example overtrimmed. Go use the original files and see if you still have issues.

6. napalamman

Newcomer napalamman Member

Philippines
    Me too.. i wnat ot continue the game soooo bad. (NERVOUS BRICKDOWN) Have you found a patch for this yet? Please someone HELP! [​IMG]

7. napalamman

Newcomer napalamman Member

Philippines
    How do I know if there is already a firmware update for it?