DSX: Game Freezes

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Kurimu, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Kurimu
    OP

Kurimu Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2006
    Since i obviously cant ask in the "official DSX" forums, i hope someone on gbatemp would know. Basically, some games freeze on me, or revert back to an earlier save. Izuna does the save problem, and Nervous Brickdown freezes at a very specific point. I beat everything up the the "retro" level, and whenever i try to continue it (after tapping twice to "OK" the tutorial") the screen goes black, and it ceases to function. Everything else up to that works fine in Brickdown.

Wondering if anyone else had these problems (i think someone mentioned the save problem is known) but the freezing at specific places? I tried redoing the game, same deal. Suggestions?

2. loathsome

loathsome GBAtemp Fan

Jul 11, 2007
    N3DSXL
    What other games does this happen with? When I had this problem, it was because I had a bad ROM loaded onto my DS-X.

3. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
  4. Kurimu
    OP

Kurimu Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2006
    rofl, thanks XD; i will check it out; i trimmed all my roms, could that be the problem? (But nervous brickdown wasnt, i do not play many games, those two roms give me the most trouble)

5. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    It depends what trimmer you used, I think the original R4 trimmer for example overtrimmed. Go use the original files and see if you still have issues.

6. napalamman

napalamman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2007
    Philippines
    Me too.. i wnat ot continue the game soooo bad. (NERVOUS BRICKDOWN) Have you found a patch for this yet? Please someone HELP! [​IMG]

7. napalamman

napalamman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2007
    Philippines
    How do I know if there is already a firmware update for it?