DSX DLDI released

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by FAST6191, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2007

DSX DLDI released by FAST6191 at 11:51 AM (1,765 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I did not see this posted elsewhere but the DSX team seem to have posted a DLDI file and the source to it:
    http://news.ds-x.com/

I have no DSX so I can neither confirm or disprove the working status of this but if it does in my opinion it goes some way to restoring the "perfect homebrew support" sales pitch.
    DLDI for those not in the know:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=43288

2. vDrag0n

Newcomer vDrag0n Member

Canada
    there were a few homebrew which required dldi but still worked pre-release right?

3. Xenocide

Newcomer Xenocide Member

United States
    They may not have announced anything on gbatemp because it's still a developing story. Apparently there was a pair of bugs between libfat and DS-X DLDI, where DSX wanted aligned buffers and returned false when this wasn't the case, and libfat blithely ignoring the return values.

It's not clear that the bugs in question (nitrotracker and ScummVM) are any specific person's fault per se -- it's open to interpretation whether returning false for something other than hardware failure is acceptable. libfat is definitely broke in the case that your card really is suffering a hardware problem, but I doubt you'd get as far as writing to the card in that case. It's also not clear that fixing this bug will fix NitroDS, but the author seems to think it will.

It's one of those cases where C error codes simply don't do justice, but something more advanced like exceptions incur unacceptable penalties, if they can even be done on the platform. But the fact that this conversation can happen at all is fantastic evidence that the DS-X is worth its price.

4. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.