ROM Hack DSvision!?

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I get every 2 months a magazine, [N]Gamer.
Then I found this:
vkeoz.jpg

Translated it means this:

'In the Illegal circuit it is known: Game cards where you can put NDS and GBA games on. But since a few weeks you can get a legal flashcard. The company AM3 made a "Movie Player" for the Ds to play videos and music...'

That part concerns me. How is AM3 able to play movies on the DS? I don't think they will use DPG format...

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I saw this for sale on play-asia not too long ago..i THINK it might be a game where you can download demo's and things off of wi-fi etc...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quanno said:
Then I found this:
http://i38.tinypic.com/vkeoz.jpg

'In the Illegal circuit it is known: Game cards where you can put NDS and GBA games on. But since a few weeks you can get a legal flashcard. The company AM3 made a "Movie Player" for the Ds to play videos and music...'

That part concerns me. How is AM3 able to play movies on the DS? I don't think they will use DPG format...
just like all the other DS stuff with movies, actimagine codec maybe?

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thedicemaster said:
Quanno said:
Then I found this:
http://i38.tinypic.com/vkeoz.jpg

just like all the other DS stuff with movies, actimagine codec maybe?
I guess you would be able to put your own movies on it. How would ActImages be able to convert it straight on the DS?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
actimagine's video codec is the most used for cutscenes in DS games.

and, i think either they only allow bought video's on your DS, or include a conversion tool on a CD.

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
look at the image again. It says you can download movies, music, anime and books. I guess you wouldn't have to pay for it. And I don't think they will add a cd, because then they would be the first.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the dsvision isn't much news.
from previous news about it i read you can buy movies, music, and stuff from their online shop.
that probably means you can only get crappy stuff unless you pay.

kryss

Trophies
Website
www.animecouncil.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
look at the image again. It says you can download movies, music, anime and books. I guess you wouldn't have to pay for it. And I don't think they will add a cd, because then they would be the first.

thedicemasterthe dsvision isn't much news.
from previous news about it i read you can buy movies, music, and stuff from their online shop.
that probably means you can only get crappy stuff unless you pay.

There is no software supplied, you can only (officially) watch/read stuff you get from the website. I'm sure someone will find a workaround in the future though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1