DSvision set to hit Japan July 3rd

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would anyone want to hack it?

Possibly the software, if its better than the alternatives we have now, but I can't see how the cart itself will have any advantages over current slot-1 flashcarts.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pricing has been announced: 3980 yen ($38) and that includes a 512mb SD card and USB.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Interesting to see how the quality matches up with the current homebrew offerings in terms of ebooks, movies, comics etc.

However, before people get too excited right away about another brick and mortar available device, even if the firmware/software was able to be accessed and taken apart by homebrewers/hackers, it is only 1/2 the system. Hackers/Brewers would need access to the encoding programs which are probably not readily available since these people want to make a profit off of you buying and downloading the content as they say the content is available through their service, not D-I-Y.

But hey, some hacker is probably looking for a challenge.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess it'll be interesting if it gets hacked, but there's already a plethora of flash cards that do what you guys want to do anyway. Finally a flash card with a side mounted microsd though, didn't know anyone would do that although it isn't necessary by any means lol. I guess they figured people wouldn't need to quick swap more movies in, unlike the hardcore 0day warez gamer who needs the l8est and gr8est gamez always.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
amptor said:
I guess it'll be interesting if it gets hacked, but there's already a plethora of flash cards that do what you guys want to do anyway. Finally a flash card with a side mounted microsd though, didn't know anyone would do that although it isn't necessary by any means lol. I guess they figured people wouldn't need to quick swap more movies in, unlike the hardcore 0day warez gamer who needs the l8est and gr8est gamez always.
The new SCDS1 has a side mounted MSD slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.