Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DSvision - Nintendo's official slot1 Media Adaptor
Can has ROM hax?
Â
Nintendo and long-time partner am3, who were responsible for the Japan-only multimedia adaptor for the Game Boy Advance, have today announced their latest effort in bringing official multimedia support to Nintendo's handhelds - DSvision.

DSvision is an officially licensed slot-1 adapter that will allow multimedia files stored on a micro SD card (no words on SDHC support) to be played back on the DS. Unlike the GBA device, with content sold through vending machines, DSvision will allow for new content to be downloaded via an official online store (at a cost of course).

No word on whether this device will play games, game demos or Virtual Console type content, but it will be interesting to see whether or not it can be hacked to allow for this.

The device will be available in Japan early next year. Unfortunately no details were given on whether or not it will be available in other regions.

icon11.gif
Source
icon11.gif
Official Site (Japanese)

Thanks to ZML for the news.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
wtf.gif
wacko.gif
Will nintendo secretly support piracy, i know it is just conspiracy theory, but i think that they just like think "if you cant beat them, join them"
unsure.gif
Now everyone will want to justify their piracy by buying that .....

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hopefully it supports DPG movies (not a chance
tongue.gif
) or maybe even XviD/DivX (less a chance) or Homebrew
tongue.gif

I don't think that we'll be able to run backup roms on it, like ever. Or maybe they'll come with a download service for that as well.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
No word on whether this device will play games, game demos or Virtual Console type content, but it will be interesting to see whether or not it can be hacked to allow for this.
hey come on now.
I can't honestly see nintendo having new DS games available to download for a fee, but if they do, I think that's something we should support, not turn their own device against them (again)

I get so sick of corporations shutting down awesome sites like tv-links and fucking up torrents, they're so just so greedy they want to hold back progress. But when they make a compromise like itunes etc, we should be willing to comply.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
very interesting, obviously they found out that the reason for ppl buying is R4's and stuff is so-called media so if this is on the market, flashcarts will be questioned and have a reason to be blocked... something is going on behind the scenes that they require to release this.
Yes i do believe Nintendo will have tried all means for homebrewers to hack into this cart to avoid piracy

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I think if nintendo would like make divx player working only on this, they would win (of course in legal market), I think there are lot's of people who hate piracy and wil buy this to play legally purchased games.

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey come on now.
I can't honestly see nintendo having new DS games available to download for a fee, but if they do, I think that's something we should support, not turn their own device against them (again)

I get so sick of corporations shutting down awesome sites like tv-links and fucking up torrents, they're so just so greedy they want to hold back progress. But when they make a compromise like itunes etc, we should be willing to comply.

So lower quality, DRM'd, more expensive (or at best case, the same price as store bought) medium is the compromise that we should accept?

While some companies are starting to make inroads, until I can get FLAC compressed music and DVD quality video, for less than what it costs for me to get it from the store, and it doesn't restrict the devices I am allowed to playback on, then I will start to consider these types of services.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos