OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DSVideo 1.01 released
some encoder fixes.
Nick Ludlam has sent word that the DSvideo team has released version 1.01 of DSVideo and the encoder that saw their initial release earlier this week.

[title:Changes from version 1.0 to version 1.01]

-----------------------------------------

Encoder:

+ Update help information when the encoder is run with no arguments to

include the version number, to clarify the usage of the "-w" option

and to show some examples of common use.

+ Remove -s option on windows, as it doesn't work there yet.

+ Add support for videos at 23.97fps

+ Fix the makefile for x86_64 linux platforms.

+ Fix audio resampling bug when converting from sample rates lower

than 32kHz.

+ Fix freezing / memory allocation problem with certain video inputs.

+ Change default output filename to be the input file name with the

extension changed to '.dsv'

Decoder:

Unchanged.

Also a source fix was issued for people to recompile the DLDI patches should their cart not work and some DLDI files were recompiled and hosted on the site.

download.gif
DSVideo downloads page
download.gif
GBATemp mirror (thanks Urza)

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will add a mirror to GBATemp shortly and you can grab the new and improved DLDI files from that link too.
It may however not be worth using the DLDI files unless you run into trouble as some of the sources used are not the latest versions.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Notice also that the "improved" dldi files have "arm7" in the name, not sure if it would make a difference but normally dldi is put into arm9 rather than arm7.

P

pasc

here is a package for those unable to use the windows converter:

http://sharebee.com/28da6ef5

just open copy the video file you want to convert into the folder I posted above, open convert.bat input the files name in Quotes and press enter.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Notice also that the "improved" dldi files have "arm7" in the name, not sure if it would make a difference but normally dldi is put into arm9 rather than arm7.
Yes, but due to some optimisations, DSVideo uses ARM7 for libfat instead of ARM9 ... still, the point of DLDI is kind of gone when you have to make a new DLDI file for each card.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, none of the improvements in this version are filesize decreases? That means it's still not a worthwhile replacement for the already popular DPG format.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, none of the improvements in this version are filesize decreases? That means it's still not a worthwhile replacement for the already popular DPG format.
You say this now but once they do decrease the file size, it may take over the popular DPG format. Maybe they can make it less as well xP.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
DPG is good, but still leaves a lot to be desired. Take a look at Caiman's Video Codec (unfortunately, it's rather commercial and rather expensive) tailored specifically for Nintendo DS:

http://www.ds-video.com/index.htm

This quality/size ratio is unbeatable. It's a pity we can't have something like that ...

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Well, I had Last Order: Final Fantasy VII, and I tried it out with both formats:
AVI (original) size: 173 mb
DPG size: 57 mb
DSV size: 63 mb

So it isn't that bad at all. 6 mb for better quality is not a problem
wink.gif

But, in this case, I am afraid to say I didn't notice any better quality, it was very slightly blurry, BUT subtitles are a lot clearer than with DPG.
I will try another video, and report back with results if you want.

P

pasc

I'd be lucky to have avi playback (go chishm !) or mpg playback cause I want to be able to quickly check the files on the pc too.

That would be awesome... dsv is neat, but like dpg kinda unhandy and not back convertable once converted into dsv....

Off-topic:
Is there a way to convert from dpg to mpg anyway ? I heard something about decoding using the decoder and then merging with ffmpeg, any Idea on how to do that ?

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I'd be lucky to have avi playback (go chishm !) or mpg playback cause I want to be able to quickly check the files on the pc too.

That would be awesome... dsv is neat, but like dpg kinda unhandy and not back convertable once converted into dsv....

Off-topic:
Is there a way to convert from dpg to mpg anyway ? I heard something about decoding using the decoder and then merging with ffmpeg, any Idea on how to do that ?
Why'd you want to do that? the resolution would be too small, and you probably have the source
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."