Hacking DSTWO wont work in DSI XL

Super D 123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I am having some problems with my daughter's dsi xl. It suddenly wont load the games. Using the DsTWO, the Alex Rider Stormbreaker icon comes up but when I click on it,the ds says that an error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Ninendo DSi Operations manual for details.

I have had this problem before with a TTDS cart. I believe that my daughter updated her old DSi and the card was bricked. We have since bought a DSI xL and have had this for a year.

I fear this has been bricked again, as my daughter's DSTWO card works in my son's DSI XL.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

David

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
don't assume. what firmware is the dsi running?

updating the ds firmware does not "brick" the flash kit. it simply means you need to update that kits bootloader exploit. it gets to a point that teams stopped supporting their cards for one reason or another, and thus they can't be updated. the card is still not "bricked". it will work on a ds phat/lite and a non-updated dsi/3ds, which you confirmed by saying it works on your son's console. how could something that is "bricked" work on one console and not another?

the scds2 has been great with updates, and if your card needs and update it is only a matter of doing so to get it running on the updated dsi firmware.

please check what firmware your daughter's dsi is running and also your son's, then reply with that information.

-another world

Super D 123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Another world,

I greatly appreciate your help

I am using DSTWO v1.11 2012 1030 eng nov 2012.

Also I have added the update v 1.23 eng Sept 2013

have wiped the card and loaded the above updates but it still wont work, it has the same error.

Are these the latest updates?

Thank you

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the update has to be installed, you can't simply place it on the msd card and expect the cart to boot. if you installed the update 1.23 then the card will work on any dsi firmware to date. that update supports up to 1.4.5 and the dsi has not updated past 1.4.5. regardless, you didn't answer my question. what firmware version is on your daughter's dsi and what one is on your son's dsi. http://www.ehow.com/how_8122103_tell-firmware-dsi.html

when your daughter's ds2 is placed in your son's dsi, where you said it works, did you swap anything? change any files? swap the micro sd card for a different one?

can you load a retail ds/dsi game in your daughters dsi? can you load another flash kit in your daughter's dsi?

after you answer my question i am assuming we will find out that your daughter's dsi is running a later system firmware than your sons. if this is the case then follow the steps on the ds2 site and update your daughter's scds2 in your son's dsi.

Q:How to upgrade DSTWO firmware?
Step 1: Download the firmware..
Step 2: Unzip and copy the upgrade file such as "dstwoupdate.dat" to MicroSD.
Step 3: Make sure you have DSTWO EOS system in your MicroSD, if you don't have, please download: DSTWO EOS v1.11(2012-12-12).
Step 4: Find a DS console (NDS\DS\DSLite\DSi\3DS) which can run this EOS system, if you have the latest version console can not run EOS system, sorry, you have to find one.
Step 5: Turn on the power, EOS will detect the upgrade file, press A to upgrade.

-another world

Super D 123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the update has to be installed, you can't simply place it on the msd card and expect the cart to boot. if you installed the update 1.23 then the card will work on any dsi firmware to date. that update supports up to 1.4.5 and the dsi has not updated past 1.4.5. regardless, you didn't answer my question. what firmware version is on your daughter's dsi and what one is on your son's dsi. http://www.ehow.com/how_8122103_tell-firmware-dsi.html

when your daughter's ds2 is placed in your son's dsi, where you said it works, did you swap anything? change any files? swap the micro sd card for a different one?

can you load a retail ds/dsi game in your daughters dsi? can you load another flash kit in your daughter's dsi?

after you answer my question i am assuming we will find out that your daughter's dsi is running a later system firmware than your sons. if this is the case then follow the steps on the ds2 site and update your daughter's scds2 in your son's dsi.

-another world

Hi Another World, thanks for your post.

I now know how to check the firmware from your link. I am still learning about all the terminology. The version is 1.4.1A. My son has the same version.

Both cards have the EOS version.

After adding the update for the DSTWO and turning on my daughter's DSI XL, it asked to update the file and the card is working again.

This forum is invaluable!!!

Thank you Another world, you have 3 very happy people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.