Dstwo won't show up on 3ds, need help.

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by 111112oo, Feb 16, 2014.

1. 111112oo
    OP

111112oo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2013
    Ok, I put my newly bought dstwo into my 3ds, (latest firmware), it doesn't show up, I use a friends 3ds with an old firmware to update it to work, It shows up, I update it, it succeeds. I tae it out, delete the update file, put it in my 3ds, doesn't show up. This was happening with my old dstwo when I updated the firmware of my 3ds. So it's probably not a contact error. Other ds and 3ds games work. I've tried blowing. Please help.
    EDIT: this might not be a defect as my old dstwo had this problem when I updated my 3ds. The problem might of stuck.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    If it's showing up in one unit but not another, then it's a contact issue. It may be a type of squeeze that's pushing the MicroSD away from the DSTwo, since the DSTwo needs to read the MicroSD data in order to present the fake header.

The 3DS firmware updatse to stop flash carts do not stop them from being read or having their icon and such displayed. It'll still display them, it will just refuse to run them when you try to.

3. 111112oo
    OP

111112oo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2013
    And how do I fix this?
    EDIT: Note that my 3ds has had minor water damage (2 secs underwater) , that might help.

4. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Well you could try taping some paper to parts of the DSTwo in order to squeeze it better against the 3DS.

5. 111112oo
    OP

111112oo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2013
    Didn't work. + I'm a bit skeptic of it being contact issues as my dstwo stopped working right after updating my 3ds. +It works on another 3ds.

6. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    If it was a firmware check then it would still show up but give an error when you try to run it.

Yepi69 likes this.
  7. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    same problem here i wish i knew how to fix it

i updated 3ds ds2 stopped working updated ds2 and it no longer shows up in my 3ds
    this is the part where i get sad

8. Acidflare

Acidflare HomeBrew Beta Tester

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    you guys can try extracting a fresh copy of the EOS software from supercards website their website reports a new version with 7.1.0-X support

9. 111112oo
    OP

111112oo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2013
    Still need help :(

10. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    well if it's just not reading the card what so ever I would say it's an issue with the cards pcb board unless it works in a different console or it's a contact issue maybe you have some dust or something stuck in your 3DS' cartridge slot get a can of compressed air you can gab one from any computer store keep it about 4 feet away and blow out what ever may be in there

11. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    I doubt you updated to the latest DSTWO firmware (the one that supports 7.1.0-15), because if it does work on a DS, and on another 3DS (probably THAT 3DS has got an older firmware) then its either a contact issue (I had/have some sometimes) or you didn't updated your DSTWO thus it doesn't show up on your 3DS.

First of all, update your DSTWO firmware from Supercard itself: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

And then try inserting it on your 3DS, if it still doesn't work, try cleaning the contacts.

12. 111112oo
    OP

111112oo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2013
    My dstwo is on the lastest firmware (both ways). I tried cleaning it, It didn't work. I NEED HELP.

13. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    did you format your sd card before putting a fresh copy of eos on there? That usually helps.
    also have you tried a regular ds cart to see if it will read those properly? maybe when you update it may have corrupted a little you can try updating your 3DS again, I don't know if this is possible as to I do not own a 3DS

14. 111112oo
    OP

111112oo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2013
    That might help as my card came with Eos already installed, BUT IT WORKED on other ds/3ds consoles. Yes, 3ds and ds cards work on my 3ds. I'll try re-installing everything tomorrow. STILL NEED HELP Edit: I have updated my 3ds many times since my old dstwo broke, so that wont help, If nothing works, it's my 3ds and I might need to get a replacement but I don't have the money.

15. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    try formating using this software https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ go to the format options before starting and select full (OverWrite)
    then download a fresh copy of eos and try after that if this doesn't help just go pay $20 for a r4i gold 3ds rts from r4ids.cn they work wonders on a 3DS I bought one for my buddy the only problem we had with it was the 8GB file system size is a bit finnickey and if not formatted with the above software and option it doesn't play games like golden sun dark dawn and pokemon white/black 2 but after running the SD Card Formatter for about an hour on an 8GB card I was able to play GS:DD and PKMN W/B 2 without any problems hopefully this helps you out

16. 111112oo
    OP

111112oo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2013
    Did not work, I URGENTLY NEED HELP, PLEASE HELP. My 3ds firmware is 9.0.0-20e
    EDIT: I'll restate my problem, the dstwo doesn't show up on my 3ds, it's not a contact issue as it worked on another 3ds. I had this problem with an old dstwo after I updated my 3ds, I lost that dstwo and this new one has the exact same problem as last time. I suspect my 3ds has blocked any and all dstwos.

17. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    It really sounds like you need to update the firmware of the DSTWO (or update it again if you actually did update it before). That or it's a contact issue (your belief that working on another 3DS disproves contact issues is incorrect).

go to the official site and do what they say with the DSTWO on one of the other DS/3DS systems you say it works on

http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

or read through this thread and follow the directions (includes an alternate method if you have to use the not working 3DS to update)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/

If updating doesn't help, and if you actually tried to fix the contact issue with a piece of paper between the DSTWO and cart slot and still nothing, then you may just have a broken 3DS. A fully updated DSTWO is not blocked by any 3DS firmware at this time.

18. 111112oo
    OP

111112oo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2013
    Tried all of that before, Haven't done update thing on another ds now because i have no other ds to do this, i did it ages ago, didn't work. If i get another dstwo it will probably result in the same error with it not showing up like it did. Other games show up. Ithink this error happened with my last dstwo before i lost it, not sure. I NEED HELP, nothing suggested is working. Will try to update it with another 3ds soon, but it probably wont work, like last time.