Hacking DSTWO or Acekard2i and EZflash 3in1?

StereoBit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, Im new to this forum. I recently purchased a used DS Lite (from someone on this forum) with a TTDS for my girlfriend, then decided to buy a DS Lite for myself. Now Im looking for a flashcart to buy for my own DS (apparently TTDS isnt that good of a choice, lol).

After reading this forum for a couple of weeks now, and researching different options, I think I have a farely good handle of flashcarts.

Ive narrowed it down to two choices: The DSTWO and the Acekard2i.

But I also want to be able to play GBA games on my DS as well. So if I opted for the Acekard, I'd also purchase an EZflash 3in1 as well.

Im just not sure which would be the better choice.

It seems that the DSTWO would be the cheaper option, and it has more features, but Ive also read that the DSTWO's gba emulator isnt that great.
Apparently there is lag issues, and it really drains the battery.

Also I may plan on getting a 3DS in the future...but if I do, it probably wont be for at least another 6 months.
Thats another area thats confusing to me. I dont want to buy a card and then find out that it no longer works with the 3DS.

Anyone care to help me out? Thanks.

StereoBit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry! I actually meant to post the thread in this forum.
I didnt mean to post in the ROM forum.

Could you have the other one closed instead?

StereoBit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, I feel like emulating the GBA would be pointless considering the DS has the hardware to actually play the games.

Also, do you think the Acekard2i is a good choice as far as flashcarts go?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I got an Acekard2i when they were first released and it's never failed me since. There are a few contact problems that can occur, but they are generally easily fixed and shouldn't cause too much problems.

StereoBit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea I read about that, but it seems you can just tape a piece of paper to the cartridge to fix it.

One more question! (I appreciate your help!)

What does HW44?
Its my understanding that if I purchase an Acekard, I may randomly get a "HW44" which would prevent me from using it on the 3DS in the future?
Or am I wrong about this?

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Don't move the thread while I am answering :P

@Stereo bit: I think you will not get anywhere with a thread like this because there are good chances that you will end with a 50-50 situation.
I am naturally one of those who praise the DSTWO even if I have both.
The difference is that the AK2i was in my DSiXL for less than 2 hours but the DSTwo never left it in the last 2 years.
If I am not wrong, the DSTWO was the only card that worked on the 3DS (at launch) out of the box without having to update anything.
Anyway, an update each month with corrections usually for 1 game or new 3DS firmware, is ok.
An update every week with fixes for 5-10 games, is nothing for me.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
That would be correct. HW44 was a batch of AK2i's that didn't work with the 3DS for various reasons. Some resellers still have these in stock, however most of them are gone so you shouldn't have to worry too much. If you do happen to get a HW44, just ask the seller for a refund and they should give you another, or you can even ask them to confirm it's not a HW 44 revision.

StereoBit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot for the answers guys.
Ive decided to go with the Acekard2i.

Now, one more thing.
Im going to be purchasing it online, and Ive been searching the forums for a good, reliable merchant (who also sells real Acekards), and a couple people have recommended this site:
http://www.etcome.com/product/ak2i-card-for-3ds-dsi-ll-dsi-ds-lite-ds.html

D
o a lot of people use this site? Im trying to find reviews. It seems really cheap, so Im weary of buying from them, as I want a legit Acekard.
And as I said before, I live in Canada.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Now, one more thing.
Im going to be purchasing it online, and Ive been searching the forums for a good, reliable merchant (who also sells real Acekards), and a couple people have recommended this site:
http://www.etcome.com/product/ak2i-card-for-3ds-dsi-ll-dsi-ds-lite-ds.html

Do a lot of people use this site? Im trying to find reviews. It seems really cheap, so Im weary of buying from them, as I want a legit Acekard.
Etcome is the official sponsor of GBATemp! Of course it's trustworthy! Haha. I've ordered various things from etcome and so far no problems.

StereoBit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Now, one more thing.
http://www.etcome.co...ds-lite-ds.html

Do a lot of people use this site? Im trying to find reviews. It seems really cheap, so Im weary of buying from them, as I want a legit Acekard.
Etcome is the official sponsor of GBATemp! Of course it's trustworthy! Haha. I've ordered various things from etcome and so far no problems.

Haha, well thats a relief.
Can you tell me what the shipping times were like? Did it take very long?
I live in Canada though, so there'll probably be a bit longer wait time for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat