Hacking DSTWO+ not working (3DS/DSlite)

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
At this moment neither the ds lite nor the 3ds detect anything when I put the cart inside. The microsd is inside the cart and the proper files should be inside the sd.

So when I first received the cart, I put an empty microsd inside it just to test it out. When I did the cart cracked a bit vertically through the back of the cart, as if the sdcard was too big for it or something. Then it got stuck inside the cart. Trying to get the microsd to come out probably made it a bit worse, but it doesnt seem too bad.

I put some files in the sd and the DS lite showed Alex rider or something. When I booted it it said "no find system files". I could manage it too boot to this at about 40% of the time of moving the sd card in and out. Trying to fix this error i formatted my sd card using panasonic sd formatter as guided by an online source. I put the files in but now it would no longer show up. And after 45+ mins of moving the cart and sd card around and replacing the files inside the sd card im getting a bit tired of all this. The "no find system files" error is but a fond memory now, as the systems dont see the cart anymore.

What is required inside the cart for it to show up at all?
How should I proceed? Is it flat out broken? Any way to fix it?

Last edited by YamiZee,

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
i know this problem with dstwo (classic)
Try to force install the last firmware with dslite and R4 and if not work go warranty!

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Would that fix the issue of the ds not detecting it? I don't understand why it would. Also unfamiliar with the process. The fact that I did get Alex Rider to show up a couple times leaves me somewhat hopeful, but that hope is quickly diminishing.

Does the DSTWO show up if it has no sd card inserted?

Last edited by YamiZee,

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, What's your 3DS model, What's your 3DS Firmware, Whats DSTwo+ version and What's Your DSTwo+ Gateway plugin version?

The DSTWO tend to heat, which desoldering the processor in some cases.
whether it is a hardware failure it is necessary to force the update with flashcart (R4, M3, etc ...) with a DSlite (no possible update or blacklist on dslite)
but:

!WARNING! !WARNING!
! !
!READ ALL BEFORE TRY!
! !
!WARNING! !WARNING!

Here in order the task to be performed before concluding that a hardware failure:

Part 1

1) completely remove the partitions of the µSD(HC) (TF Card)

2) format with Windows (if <32GB) or FAT32 formater or minitools or other ... (I think Panassonic formater is too old for SDHC cards)

If the SD card is greater than 32GB Windows will format NTFS automatically, it's not good.
Here is a list of cluster allocation size for optimal compatibility
2GB or less 64K
32K for 4GB (SDHC or not)
4GB or more 64K (SDHC)

3) re-download (or check/compare the md5sum) firmware and core plugins, and put them in the root of the µSD card.

4) with a compressed air spray, blow the SD card slot on the linker, the console slots and clean the connexion of the linker with alcohol and a Q-tip or acetone (! very strong!) and dry by blowing with dry air to remove any cotton fiber (not with the mouth).

5) plug your AC / DC transformer has your console
6) test

7) launch the update on dslite, (even if it is the same version), try with 3ds (4.5-9.2) with the latest launcher.dat on sd card (http://go.gateway-3ds.com or http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go2.html)
7b) try without TF Card

If that does not work, try again the operation 5, 6 and 7, with other consoles
If that does not work again try the operations with another µSD Card (TF Card), other size, other brand.
If that does not work again try to format and prepare 3ds SD Card (Save your data, remove partitions, format in Fat32, put your data, create extra data on your 3ds, and put Launcher.dat)

No results?

!!!WARNING!!! VERY DANGEROUS!!!
THIS FOR DSTWO (CLASSIC) I don't know if works with DSTWO+, DO NOT TRY WITHOUT ANOTHER OPINIONS
!!!WARNING!!!

to force the update with another linker:

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-9465-1-1.html said:
Part 2: (1% situation)
There is another situation, if DS and DSLite could not recognize the DSTWO too? Why this happen? It should be power off or reboot when upgrading the firmware.
What should I do?
Please be careful when you upgrading(DO NOT power off/reboot), or maybe you will fail, it's very dangerous!
But don’t worry if you had failed, we can fix by this way:

1, First at all, you need a DSLite or old fat DS.

2, Download the newest firmware (ver1.25), EOS(ver1.14)and the newest dstwoupdate.dat file (please choose the correct region version for your cart), and copy them to the root of your microsd card.

3, Run dstwo_load_NDSL.nds which released by Supercard Team on a flashcart which can run homebrew(like DSONE/i, DSTWO, DSTT, R4), then you will get the follow screen:
Pull out your flashcart, and insert the DSTWO which need to be upgraded, then insert the microsd card which stores the newest firmware, EOS and dstwoupdate.dat file. Then press B to continue upgrading.

Note:
Why we insert microsd cart after insert DSTWO?
bcuz some high-speed microsd card need much power. Then console may reboot when you insert cart which had been inserted microsd card.

THIS IS THE PROCEDURE FOR DSTWO+: (same 1st procedure with another launcher.dat)

http://forum.supercard.sc/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=12588&pid=90809 said:
You need 3ds (4.5-9.2)

1.copy " Launcher.dat" to internal SD card
2.Insert your ds2 plus to 3ds without TF card.
3.visiting the site: http://go.gateway-3ds.com or http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go2.html
zip.gif
fix ds2 plus firmware.zip

If not works again contact supercard team.

If nothing worked, we can conclude a hardware failure, a brick firmware or a manufacturing defect.

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hmm that all would require a lot of preparation as I don't have the required resources. I'll do as you instructed if it seems necessary. I don't get the update parts though as how would I update if the cart wont even show up...
However I found out that I could get it to work on my ds lite so long as i was pushing it hard from the back. The cart itself has a crack near the top. Not really a crack, more so that the cart itself is not tightly bound and the insides are pushing out. Or its a contact issue. On the 3ds its probably both.
Still I cant just push the cart everytime I want to play. It's not a real solution.

I think it's best I attempt to return it (unfortunately that would be 20$ shipping back and forth)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: