DSTWO not making proper contact with my DS Lite?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes that would be the case. The tape making the case effectively a bit fatter and forcing the pins into better contact.

Also looking at those pins they have quite the amount of dirt and scratches on by the looks of things.

Reactions: BeRNLeiGHToN

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
they have quite the amount of dirt
I second this, try to clean them.
Blue PCB's were not well made compared to the green one, they are prone to scratches even if you take care of the card. This was a shame knowing the price of this flashcard. However, even if mine are full of scratches as well, I never had any contact problems (I have 6 DSTwo at home).

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Awesome, So yes, I did have a couple of original games so I could confirm that the issue was not with the console's slot but something to do with the dstwo card physics, since all the original cartridges do not give any issues.

As for the paper/cardboard trick, it seemed to work right away yesterday. But today when I turned it off again the dstwo was not recognized. I am wondering if a soft material like the cardboard will lose its thickness after some time, so a hard material like plastic would be better suited.

I'm a bit frustrated with this since I haven't yet been able to actually play, but will definetely persevere until I find a more stable fix.
What you can do is drive the wedge a little deeper.

After that it's not worth much and maybe it's even useless (but as far as I'm concerned it still makes the difference sometimes) when you turn on your console, at the warning screen about photosensitivity (before arriving in the menu of the ds), try to surprise your console by varying the validation keys, that is to say that normally on this screen (the one of the warning) by default the console waits for you touch the screen, it's the protocol expected by Nintendo's firmware but you can very well press any other button so don't hesitate to press L or R or Select... or another, well in short, a key on which (in the way you turn on your console) you are not used to using, for example, I usually press the A key so when it does not work and my DSTwo is not recognized, I turn off my console, I turn it back on and instead of pressing A I change the key or else, what you can also do if your DSTwo is not recognized, once in the menu of your ds, you change the brightness settings, you turn off your console and you turn it back on, it may seem silly or even useless but it refreshes the OS of your ds and sometimes it can make the difference.

Otherwise, for the second trick you are talking about, I did not know it, so at this level, I cannot tell you too much about this trick, the only thing I can advise you is to be careful not to damage your DSTwo by opening it.

BeRNLeiGHToN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
None of the tricks is working. On and off the card gets recognized for a while, but too erratic.

One question: On the other post I mentioned with that other method, there was another user that says that got it working by, among other things "...Finally I just took a cutter and removed the grid that covers the contacts". I am assuming that he means he cut the 10 plastic "guides" that are part of the dstwo case and are over the contacts when the case is closed? What is the exact purpose of these, and what might that user have achieved by cutting them?

Attachments

• 20230606_163115.jpeg
    20230606_163115.jpeg
    789.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by BeRNLeiGHToN,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Original DS carts have them, flash carts vary considerably (some will do all, some will do nothing at all, others have a mixed selection).

They are used in scenarios like this to make sure pins go where they need to and don't maybe short out with adjacent pins, which is to say they are largely pointless and usually serve to increase manufacturing costs and possibly headaches if someone misses a bit of leakage when the mould does not shut properly/gets worn/gets opened too soon.
It could plausibly solve an issue and nothing to really lose by trying.

Reactions: BeRNLeiGHToN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)