Hacking DSTWO New User Question

leaparsons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just purchased a DSTWO and a 3DS with firmware 2.10-4e.

My question is should I update to 3.0.06 first before I used the DSTWO?

Ive read that the 3DS on the 2.10-4e firmware wont work with the DSTWO.

In regards to the DSTWO, do I install the 1.11 version as well as the update file onto the SDcard?

Thanks!

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
nonononono
don't ever update the console before updating the flashcard
If your DSTWO is updated to work with 3.0 then you can update the system, or the flashcard is uselss unless you have a DSlite to update with

leaparsons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so I just put the OS files on the sdcard, put it in the 3DS with the old firmware which will update the DSTWO card.....when and if the DSTWO card works, THEN I update the 3ds....correct?

leaparsons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive had a read of that but it says in order to update to the new 1.13 version for the DSTWO card for a 3DS it says NOT to update via a 3DS and that I have to update it using a DS lite or DS which I havent got. Im quite confused :(

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ive had a read of that but it says in order to update to the new 1.13 version for the DSTWO card for a 3DS it says NOT to update via a 3DS and that I have to update it using a DS lite or DS which I havent got. Im quite confused :(
That's only if your 3DS has already been updated.

Read this.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/315784-flash-carts-and-dsi3ds-updates/

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
one way to do it is to use "second hand" dealers.
Find one that has a "ds" for sale an ask to test it.
Slip ya cart in and update it, then hand the console back with any excuse ya like (scratched screen etc)
Otherwise, the 3ds will not work with it.... bit of a hassle that, but its worth it.

leaparsons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I understand now....as long as I keep the old firmware on the 3DS to run the update for the DSTWO first, confirming it works...THEN I update the 3DS after all that?

leaparsons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...well I did that...it didnt recognise the update file with the "b" added, so I deleted the b and it recognised it...I pressed A to update it said completed, but when I check the file version in the help menu it still says 1.11...when I try the update again it says update beta 1.13 - 1.13....so do I just assume the update work...i dont want to risk anything when I update the 3DS to 3.0.0.6

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I had a quick question. I'm on
3.0.0-6U. R4i Gold will work with this, right? Also, can the 3DS update by itself or do I need to do it manually?​

leaparsons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found this...maybe I have to use this patch?

Firmware (For 3DS)
DSTWO Fireware ver1.09(03-11) Download
lightbulb.gif

1、Fixed: sometimes the cart cannot be recognized after resetting on NDSi/N3DS.
Added a system11.dat file which is a patch file under the _dstwo folder.
2、Changed: use separate boot program for N3DS/NDSi/NDS.
3、Added: reboot and re-upgrade after Upgrade failed.
How to use:Copy ds2update.dat file and the newest OS to the root of your microsd card, then insert DSTWO into the DS (or DSLite, DSi which can work with DSTWO) to upgrade your DSTWO. Make sure DO NOT power off until it finished upgrading!
Important: The firmware v1.09 must work with the latest EOS v1.11.

leaparsons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well...its cactus now...ive got the "an error has occured message......" after I "downgraded" to 1.09, thinking I wasnt on 1.13 which I was....so now I cant use my card =( any ideas??

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why in the world would you downgrade to a clearly older version? now you NEED another ds lite or ds or your screwed.
@the guy who hijacked this thread
i reccomend you DON'T get a flashcart that has R4 on it​
edit: omg the post above is edited later then the post i posted.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
well...its cactus now...ive got the "an error has occured message......" after I "downgraded" to 1.09, thinking I wasnt on 1.13 which I was....so now I cant use my card =( any ideas??

The only way to update now is with the "b" method. To start, rename the dstwoupdate.dat (the 1.13 one) file to dstwoupdateb.dat, put it on your microsd, and then start the DSTwo card from the 3DS menu. Now here is the tricky part, when you start it you will get the "error has occurred message". Once you get that message, LEAVE IT ALONE AT THE ERROR SCREEN for at least 5 minutes while the DSTwo updates or you could brick the DSTwo. Once it has been sitting at that error screen for at least 5 minutes, turn it off and delete the update file from the SD card with your computer. Now just make sure your EOS is up to date

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
why in the world would you downgrade to a clearly older version? now you NEED another ds lite or ds or your screwed.
@the guy who hijacked this thread
i reccomend you DON'T get a flashcart that has R4 on it​

edit: omg the post above is edited later then the post i posted.

Not true, it is still possible to update the DSTwo using the method I posted. I believe 1.09 supports using the updateb method (I forget when it was introduced).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night