YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seraph said:
Pliskron said:
The emulator has huge potential but in my opinion it's just not good enough yet to use. I really don't like the way the frame skip looks.
I don't know see why it isn't good enough to use yet when some games seem like they work perfectly.(it really depends on the game you want to play to decide if the emulator is good or not)

But Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand still doesn't work. Still has the Real time clock problem.
Doesn't Boktai have a light sensor? I don't think that NDSGBA supports the light sensor (correct me if I'm wrong).
QUOTE(zuriel102 @ Jun 4 2010, 10:02 PM)
Sorry this is a nooby question but whats Real Time Clock?
It's a feature built into some GBA games (such as Pokémon) so the game knows what time it is. Previously, the feature didn't work on NDSGBA, meaning Pokémon wouldn't work properly. This update fixes the problem.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
guys what do you mean fullspeed with sound?
cause i have pokemon emerald at full speed but i doesn t have sound when it s normal speed it have :/

fairlyevenparents

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
zuriel102 said:
Sorry this is a nooby question but whats Real Time Clock?
It's a feature built into some GBA games (such as Pokémon) so the game knows what time it is. Previously, the feature didn't work on NDSGBA, meaning Pokémon wouldn't work properly. This update fixes the problem.

Thanks, I've never heard of RTC so i was just wondering.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Seraph said:
Pliskron said:
The emulator has huge potential but in my opinion it's just not good enough yet to use. I really don't like the way the frame skip looks.
I don't know see why it isn't good enough to use yet when some games seem like they work perfectly.(it really depends on the game you want to play to decide if the emulator is good or not)

But Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand still doesn't work. Still has the Real time clock problem.
Doesn't Boktai have a light sensor? I don't think that NDSGBA supports the light sensor (correct me if I'm wrong).
As someone has mentioned there is a patch for the solar sensor for Boktai 1, but that is not the problem. It seems like some people don't even try the game before saying it will work. The problem has to do with the real time clock, whether it needs to be removed or fixed, I don't know myself. I know it still isn't fixed for VBAgx or the latest versions of gPSP(I think)

G

geenlung

When I load a GBA game through v1.21, I just get a white screen and then the system freezes, forcing me to restart. It seems to happen whatever game I choose.

Stepwise what I did:
1. Downloaded EOS from: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm and unzipped it to my microSD
2. NDSGBA was deleted on the root menu and replaced with this: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/plugin/gba.htm
(Both new NDSGBA and the plugin files were put back on the card).
3. Put games in the gamepak folder of NDSGBA

any suggestions?

edit: well, it seems that the nds wasn't complete frozen as i could press x to access the GBA menu. However, when I'm starting games such as pokemon leaf green/ fire red, the game just freezes at the 'press start' screen. Whether I press A or start, the game just freezes.

edit 2: I read the GBA compatibility topic. I guess my question is answered.

Firemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh am I the only one with the New and the middle button (don't remember the name) of the initial load screen appear to be loading incorrectly or not at all?

ismaelWii

Trophies
Website
www.ismaro3.es
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
elixirdream said:
QUOTE said:
* Fixed crash problem for some DSTWO.
Does this concern the bad batch of dstwo that shops had to return to the factory ?
I suppose that. I thought my DSTWO was faulty, because it freezes a lot of times, but with the 1.21, it doesn't freezes anytime.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seraph said:
YayMii said:
Seraph said:
Pliskron said:

As someone has mentioned there is a patch for the solar sensor for Boktai 1, but that is not the problem. It seems like some people don't even try the game before saying it will work. The problem has to do with the real time clock, whether it needs to be removed or fixed, I don't know myself. I know it still isn't fixed for VBAgx or the latest versions of gPSP(I think)

I was able to play Boktai 2 that had the Solar Sensor fixed and the clock was working correctly. It was sensing the correct time and date as well. I haven't been able to find a working Boktai 1 yet though.
Just look for the last No-Intro Gba set and that will be much more helpful for the Boktai games.

QUOTE(Firemonkey @ Jun 5 2010, 11:11 PM)
Eh am I the only one with the New and the middle button (don't remember the name) of the initial load screen appear to be loading incorrectly or not at all?
The buttons are New, Restart, and Return. I'm not sure what could be causing that. I thought I saw a post with a picture that showed that issue but I don't know if anybody has determined the cause or resolved it. I did notice that somebody had told that person to redownload and overwrite the gba plugin again to make sure something wasn't corrupted.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
does anyone know how the sonic advanced games can be played because the ap has 4 bars across the screen
frown.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4Liam said:
does anyone know how the sonic advanced games can be played because the ap has 4 bars across the screen
frown.gif

Put this txt file in your NDSGBA folder on your microSD if you haven't already game_config.txt
Not sure if this will fix the issue you have but I know it fixes issues with Super Mario Advance 1-4

daroga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bummed that they didn't fix the B/A button assignment problems, but I guess that will come. Always nice to see work being done.
smile.gif

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
R4Liam said:
frown.gif
Games with Problems

2 Games in 1 - Scooby-Doo! - Mystery Mayhem & Scooby-Doo! and the Cyber Chase (with minor graphical issues)
2-in-1 - Dragon Ball Z Gamepack - The Legacy of Goku I & II (sounds are messed up game play okay)
2-in-1 - Spider-Man - Mysterio's Menace & X2 - Wolverine's Revenge (very minor graphical issues)
2-in-1 - Tony Hawk's Underground & Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer (surfer suffers from jerkiness)
2-in-1 - Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2 (very minor graphical issues)
2-in-1 - Sonic Gamepack - Sonic Pinball Party & Sonic Advance (Sonic Pinball Works sonic advance is loading to gray bars)
2-in-1 - Quad Desert Fury & Monster Trucks (seems to run a little slow)
Advance Wars 1.1 (Minor graphic "hick-ups")
Advance Wars 2 (A little slow) [U, E]
Bomberman Tournament (Lags when bombs hit enemies)
Donkey Kong Contry (Slow)
Doom 1 (lag spikes occasionally) [U, E]
Golden Sun (lags during battles) [All regions]
Golden Sun 2 (glitchy movements and music) [U, E]
Konami Racers (spastic music)
Meganman Zero 2 (graphical issues) [All regions]
Megaman Zero 3 (graphical issues) [All regions]
Robopon 2: Cross Version (Resets itself occasionally)
Robopon 2: Ring Version (Same as the other Robopon)
Super Mario Advance 2 Super Mario World (Minor audio glitches)
Super Mario World (slight frameskip and button lag) [All regions?]
Sigma Star Saga (Can't see health bar)
Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 (Slow)

Unplayable/Not Working

Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge [E]
Classic NES series [U, E]
Classic NES Super Mario Brothers [U, E]
Doom 2 [All regions?]
Dragon Ball GT: Volume 1 (GBA Video)
Earthworm Jim
Famicom Mini Series [J]
Grand Theft Auto [All regions?]
Kingdom Hearts CoM
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (item pick up and conversations are very glitchy) [All regions?]
Ninja Five
Sonic Advance
Shining Soul [E]
Super Mario Advance 3 SMB World [E]
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 [U, E]

From FEFL GBA Compatibility List
All Pokemon ROM's and some others need an SRAM patch see the original thread and the game_config.txt

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
All Pokemon ROM's and some others need an SRAM patch see the original thread and the game_config.txt

Not entirely true. With the game_config.txt there is no need to SRAM patch the pokemon games. And since the emulator now has RTC support there is no need for any patches on the games. I haven't had any issues with Pokemon FireRed or Pokemon Sapphire or Pokemon Emerald yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs