Hacking DSTWO Fireware v1.21 released! for 3ds 6.2.0.12x

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making the thread!!! Going to upgrade right now. Now I can continue playing Pokemon White 2 and Codename Hacker (homebrew) on my 3DS XL.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you beat me to it. i thought it was prefered to announce it in an existing thread (which i did). oh well. just happy the dstwo works on 6.2 :)

Reactions: hashcheck1

Argyle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.argylebox.com
XP
Country
United States
Just bought one of these cards and it arrives tomorrow, so it's great to know it will be ready to play right away even if I update the system. The kid's DSi ought to be fine to upgrade its firmware before giving it a go. Appreciate the heads-up thread, since I came here specifically to find out what system firmware I'd be safe to use it on!

something15525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly did you update the DSTwo?

I downloaded the 1.21 fireware zip, copied the .dat to my sdcard. Put it in my 3DS XL (which I hadn't updated yet), asked me to update from Beta 1.20 to 1.21, clicked okay, it updated.

Updated my firmware on my 3DS XL, and now I can't get it work anymore (black error screen says to turn off by holding power)

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get the update to work. It runs fine once then the second time I get the black an error has occurred screen.

Update: never mind it seems to be working now.

brynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be working intermittently. I updated it successfully on 6.0, then upgraded to 6.2. Below is a list of the times I've tried to use the supercard and the results.
  1. O
  2. X
  3. X
  4. X
  5. O
  6. O
  7. X
  8. X
So it seems to be a slightly unreliable patch, requiring a few boot cycles each time to get it to run properly. When it doesn't work it crackles twice, then throws the general Black Screen of Death.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed