Hacking Dstwo fast battary low

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think there were others who have apparently reported something similar. So yea :) Pretty sure there will be others who can give you a better technical explanation soon :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I know, the DSTwo's processor is scalable - scaling it down to the lowest possible stepping for everyday operations and increasing it only when needed will greatly increase your battery life.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I know, the DSTwo's processor is scalable - scaling it down to the lowest possible stepping for everyday operations and increasing it only when needed will greatly increase your battery life.
hmm. intersting.. thanks.
I believe you'll need BAGPlug to access CPU frequency settings from the menu, as shown here:

11-3-24-1-41-59.jpg

http://gbatemp.net/topic/285447-bagplug-scds2-entry/

It's a menu replacement plugin by BassAceGold, increasing the already impressive capabilities of the DSTwo.

DeShelly

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
hmm. intersting.. thanks.
I believe you'll need BAGPlug to access CPU frequency settings from the menu, as shown here:

11-3-24-1-41-59.jpg

http://gbatemp.net/topic/285447-bagplug-scds2-entry/

It's a menu replacement plugin by BassAceGold, increasing the already impressive capabilities of the DSTwo.
omg, thanks now a lot...

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scaling the CPU down in BAGPlug has no effect on the CPU level in other plugins or in NDS games, only within the menu itself. When in NDS games, the CPU is set to its lowest clock and sleeps until it is needed. If you aren't using your 3DS and have it in sleep mode, make sure the Supercard is ejected so it won't draw any power.

Reactions: 3 people

PortalNero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is no possible way to stop the DStwo from draining besides making sure it's not in the slot while in sleep mode?

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since you mentioned the CPU is set to the lowest clocks when in a NDS game, if you're sleeping the DS while in a NDS game, does it still drain like crazy or is it safe at that point?

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so unless one is using the DSTWO for SNES/GBA emulation, it would be safe to just use another regular flashcart?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo is more than just SNES/GBA emulation, it also has cheat toggle in-game, save/load-state (RTS), slow-motion, reading text files in-game, and more. I don't know why the only thing people mention is the emulators...

But yeah if you don't want that stuff another flash cart works just fine.

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo is more than just SNES/GBA emulation, it also has cheat toggle in-game, save/load-state (RTS), slow-motion, reading text files in-game, and more. I don't know why the only thing people mention is the emulators...

well, actually i dont use any of that stuff, they dont even interest me to be honest. so to me it's just for SNES/GBA emulation, which is also why i think most people get it.

but what i meant is if the power consuption during non-DSTWO-specific usage is the same or still higher than another regular flaschart, if i explain myself correctly.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm reading this right the super card will drain the battery just as fast in sleep mode as while you play it (minus screen being off during sleep mode)?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there's also the fact that it's theoretically unpatchable.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't using your 3DS and have it in sleep mode, make sure the Supercard is ejected so it won't draw any power.

Probably a dumb question, but what about when turning off the system? Should you eject then as well, or is that okay to leave it in without worrying about it draining the battery? I don't know how "off" a 3DS (XL in my case if it makes a difference) actually is when you turn it off.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Probably a dumb question, but what about when turning off the system? Should you eject then as well, or is that okay to leave it in without worrying about it draining the battery? I don't know how "off" a 3DS (XL in my case if it makes a difference) actually is when you turn it off.

When you turn off the console, power to the card slot is cut, effectively turning off the DSTWO as well.

Reactions: tbgtbg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi