DSTwo Card Issue, Card Not Appearing On 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zyfux, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Zyfux
    OP

Zyfux Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2015
    United States
    I recently noticed that my DSTwo card has stopped working, it does not appear when i plug it in.
    Now I have a DS & DSI & it appears fine on them & works correctly.

I haven't used it in awhile, but no changes were made to it since it was last working on my 3DS XL, so I'm really stumped as to the issue.
    I have tried the regular stuff, properly formatting the card using SDFormatter, re-inserting the card multiple times, reinstalled & updating the core files on it. Nothing seems to work.

My 3DS XL is firmware 4.4
    Emunand 9.5
    USA
    I also have a second DS flash card, which does appear & works correctly still, but lacks the features & quality that the DSTwo card provides (basic wood firmware)

Has anyone experienced issues lately with their card not appearing?
    Im very frustrated & the support at the DSTwo website did not help at all.
    I've searched & tried the common soultions & I'm still stuck with a card that refuses to work on my 3DS XL

Any help or advice is appreciated greatly

Last edited by Zyfux, Sep 24, 2015
  2. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    Update the firmware of the DSTwo card, must be outdated, check it in their downloads section.

Zidapi and Ronhero like this.
  3. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    try it in another 3ds/2ds or even ds/dsi/lite it sounds like a contact issue as something would still show up if the card needed updating

if the card works then you need to open it and place a small peace of paper or get an old pokemon magic ect card and cut a peace the size of the as the connective part of the flashcard put it behind the connective part of the flashcard and close it then it should work

Last edited by wormdood, Sep 24, 2015
  4. Zyfux
    OP

Zyfux Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2015
    United States
    I've done that, it has not changed anything, its up to date.

I said in my post that I had tried a ds & dsi & they work fine, the card works fine in them

5. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    Put paper inside your DSTwo. 3ds cart slot is a different width.

6. Zyfux
    OP

Zyfux Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2015
    United States
    Paper inside? Between the 3DS slot & the card?
    Is there a thread or something that shows the steps for this?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I dont get it, i have to place something inside the card, because for whatever reason it no longer connects in a 3DS slot, but works fine in a DS/DSI slot. You know everyone said this card was the best one, and now after a month of not even using it, suddenly its not working. So much for being a good card.

Last edited by Zyfux, Sep 24, 2015
  7. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    The card is designed for the DS cart slot. Not the 3ds cart slot. Put a small folded piece of paper inside the cart itself so the contacts press against the 3ds contacts and you'll never have this issue again.

8. Zyfux
    OP

Zyfux Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2015
    United States
    Alright thanks I'll give it a shot.

9. Zyfux
    OP

Zyfux Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2015
    United States
    Yeah the so called paper trick didn't do anything, multiple tries with varying paper thickness resulted in no changes.
    I just don't care anymore.
    I'll just use it on my DSi.
    As far as Im concerned the supercard people make a garbage tier card in terms of build quality, but I guess thats true for most flash card makers.

10. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    It really is high quality inside and out. If you have a defective unit just email them. You have a pretty lengthy warranty and they'll replace it fast.

11. Zyfux
    OP

Zyfux Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2015
    United States
    Is this the correct email by which to contact them? sales@supercard.sc

12. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    Yes it is, I've had good experiences with them in the past. Both times I had to get a replacement it took about a week. (this is out of several dozen cards mind you)

13. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Try cleaning the contacts on both the DSTWO and the MicroSD.

14. Zyfux
    OP

Zyfux Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2015
    United States
    Thank you very much, I will contact them & see how it goes.

15. pcmantinker

pcmantinker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2009
    United States
    Greater Atlanta Area
    I have found that the DSTWO is a bit finicky with the New 3DS XL. I've had the best luck with pushing the left corner of the cart into the cartridge slot and retrying/rebooting until it works. It's not a flawless solution, but I do have moderately good success. My DSTWO has been a very good cart since I was using it on my DS Lite. I've continued using it with my OG 3DS and New 3DS XL without much issues. I hope this helps.