DSTWO and NDSi XL Midnight Blue Work ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by blackacidevil, Jul 22, 2010.

Jul 22, 2010
  1. blackacidevil
    OP

Member blackacidevil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Im heading into vancouver tomorrow and getting an XL

as it works with the DSTwo Card (Supercard), what my question is,

Does it work with the midnight blue Xl, since the new one is out, maybe theyve made changes and the dstwo card only works on the old ones ?

Just wondering if anyone can confirm, cuz Id like to get blue and not the ugly ones

Ive searched high and low for an answer via google, and other forums, no luck

So I guess that may mean, all is well.

Thanks lemm eknow

2. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The DSi XL is just a jumbo version of the DSi, so DSi flashcarts are fine on it. Only difference is all DSi XLs come with 1.4 installed, so any card that needs updated to work on 1.4 will need flashing on a DS Lite/DSi 1.3 first. This is also true of the new colours, as there's no newer firmware than 1.4 yet. As far as I'm aware, the DSTwo is already good to go on 1.4 so you should be fine. The XL is sometimes a bit more finicky about reading flashcarts than your standard DSi/DS Lite (ie says there's no card inserted) and I know with the AK2 you'll often need to wedge a bit of paper under the PCB to help the contacts connect, but I've not heard of anyone having this issue with the dstwo yet.

3. Gara

Newcomer Gara Member

United States
    Ugly ones! I'll have you know my wine red DSi XL is quite beautiful. Anyways the DSTwo works fine with the new color. It's the same ol firmware and a friend just picked one up for his DSTwo and it works fine.

4. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    1. The DSTWO works on EVERY model of DS.
    2. My Bronze DSi XL isn't ugly-colored. It's not really a color actually. It's 2 different colors, a really dark blackish brown, and a gold-bronzeish finish on the bottom.
    3. If they changed anything with the midnight blue DSi XL, then everyone with a DSi would notice, because it'd effect everyone (but most people probably won't really care).