OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I bought a 3DS XL Mario Kart 7 bundle and it came with 4.3.0.10u. I also bought a Gateway to play my backups.

I successfully modded it to extract my 4.3 NAND and this way I could upgrade to 6.3 and play with eShop, Pokemon X Y, etc.

I'm planning on buying a DSTwo to enjoy some homebrews.
Since I intend on sticking to the 4.3 FW (because of the GW flash card), is this safe to upgrade my DSTwo to 1.23 FW? Is this DSTwo FW compatible with 3DS 4.3 FW?

Plus, if so, how should I upgrade my DSTwo?

Thanks a bunch!

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrading the DSTwo would be fine, it will still work on 4.3. The dstwo's updates are backwards compatible with all 3ds firmwares

You download the .dat file from the official website here onto your msd card. Then you boot the ds2, press A, and wait for the upgrade to finish, then you delete the .dat file.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrading the DSTwo would be fine, it will still work on 4.3. The dstwo's updates are backwards compatible with all 3ds firmwares

You download the .dat file from the official website here onto your msd card. Then you boot the ds2, press A, and wait for the upgrade to finish, then you delete the .dat file.

FWIW the DSTWO automatically deletes the .dat file after it updates if you update using the standard method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.