Hacking DSTWO 3DS Fix Released

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, too bad i dont have a 3DS, but it seems EOS v1,10 is also released though
DSTWO EOS v1.10?2011-03-04? Download
1?Added a system11.dat file which is a patch file for N3DS under the _dstwo folder.
2?Fixed the lag bug under patch mode for #1404-Mogitate Tingle No Barairo Rupee Land(J)[/p]

LUGiA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my DS2 already have firmware on it (not the 3ds fix) sso do I need the ds2boot.dat file or do I delete it.

dont want it to interfere with the 3ds updating.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ lugia: I would suggest that it'll be better to use the 'ds2boot.dat' that comes with the update.... IIRC you need it to 'update' the firmware to make it 'fool' the 3DS into thinking it has a genuine game card in.

If you use an older 'ds2boot.dat' you could basically re-write DS2, making it stop working on the 3DS (In fact - I think you CAN'T go back to an older header anyway)

I'd also want to know - IF we use the 3DS v1.08 update... will it still work on a DSL/DSi ??

The 3DS isn't released in UK just yet (may still wait a while until the 'rush' dies down) but I'd like to pre-update the firmware (NOT just the EOS) in preparation for when I do buy one

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alex rider powered now.
tongue.gif

Now the iSMM ...

Thanks for this update SC team.
wink.gif

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
@ lugia: I would suggest that it'll be better to use the 'ds2boot.dat' that comes with the update.... IIRC you need it to 'update' the firmware to make it 'fool' the 3DS into thinking it has a genuine game card in.

If you use an older 'ds2boot.dat' you could basically re-write DS2, making it stop working on the 3DS (In fact - I think you CAN'T go back to an older header anyway)

I'd also want to know - IF we use the 3DS v1.08 update... will it still work on a DSL/DSi ??

The 3DS isn't released in UK just yet (may still wait a while until the 'rush' dies down) but I'd like to pre-update the firmware (NOT just the EOS) in preparation for when I do buy one

can someone confirm it workin on a dsi or dsi xl? ...or even a 3ds? also post exactly how you updated? thanx
wink.gif

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(For 3DS) DSTWO Fireware ver1.08?2011-03-04?Download

Upgrade fireware version with ver1.08, Increase support for N3DS NDS mode for N3DS.
Added a system11.dat file which is a patch file under the _dstwo folder.

How to use:Copy ds2update.dat file and the newest OS to the root of your microsd card, then insert DSTWO into the DS to upgrade your DSTWO. Make sure DO NOT power off until it finished upgrading!
Then you can use your DSTWO on the N3DS after upgrading.

DSTWO EOS v1.10?2011-03-04? Download
1?Added a system11.dat file which is a patch file for N3DS under the _dstwo folder.
2?Fixed the lag bug under patch mode for #1404-Mogitate Tingle No Barairo Rupee Land(J)

Okay so the (For 3DS) DSTWO Fireware ver1.08?2011-03-04?is what you use to 'flash' your DSTWO if it has never had an EOS on it and the DSTWO EOS v1.10?2011-03-04) is for those that already have an EOS on their DSTWO and are just updating.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I boot my DS2 on my DSL, it shows a Supercard logo. I just put on the 1.10 firmware, along with the ds2update.dat from the 1.08 patch for 3DS. Is it normal for my DS to display that instead of fish tycoon or alex stormrider?

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would there be a 1.08 version released, if the newest one which is v1.10 is the newest one and working with 3ds
tongue.gif

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
haddad said:
Why would there be a 1.08 version released, if the newest one which is v1.10 is the newest one and working with 3ds
tongue.gif
1.08 is the fireware and 1.10 is the EOS. Its like fireware is the DSTWO's BIOS and EOS is of course the Operating System.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction