GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yes, its starting to irritate, when I want to take the microSD card out, I have to press down the micro SD so hard to make DSTT's spring release it.

is there anyway to mod it into non-spring mode? like new R4's?

kitetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only if you or a friend of yours knows how to tinker DS carts with minimal screwups.

I have to ask though -- How many times have you taken out the microSD card ever since you got it? I'm assuming that you do it more constantly than me.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
not that much since its really hard for me to get roms due to my dial up, i just browse some homebrews that interest me.

but more or less your number of times of putting the card in and out will be equal to mine (if is not already) and if DSTT has a defect like R4's spring, we'll be GODSEND. and worse than that is iTech.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think there are only a few different types of spring mechanism for microSD slots. Look at some of the guides for de-springing other flashcarts (I know I've seen them for R4 and AceKard), then open up your Top Toy and see if it uses the same type of spring.

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
test84 said:
not that much since its really hard for me to get roms due to my dial up, i just browse some homebrews that interest me.

but more or less your number of times of putting the card in and out will be equal to mine (if is not already) and if DSTT has a defect like R4's spring, we'll be GODSEND. and worse than that is iTech.

Well, it's only inevitable that the spring would die, but the springs on the TT are generally a hell lot better than those of the first gen r4s.

I think DSTT is honestly having some quality issues as far as what people are posting. Mine is fine however.

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pushing or pulling or any kind of force does not help the spring release the card. It causes the spring to break and become worse. When the card is released, you can gently pull it out as there is no longer anything connecting it to the DSTT.

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ice Cold said:
test84 said:

Well, it's only inevitable that the spring would die, but the springs on the TT are generally a hell lot better than those of the first gen r4s.

I think DSTT is honestly having some quality issues as far as what people are posting. Mine is fine however.

i dont think a lotta ppl have problems its just you see more problems than good vantage points about it lol
yaynds.gif

overall my spring is pretty strong i think its really good
so far ive seen no spring problems by users only thing is contact problem and sd freezing which ihave only happened to me once and nvr happened again after freezing

for you i think that the spring isnt a big deal cuz if u take out the ttds card all the time it mite lose contact which makes it worse
so i just press the sd and it pops out
besides nonspring is hard to take out since the ttds has no curve for plucking it out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed