dcx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

i bought a dstti gold, the pcb seems to be good, but it's red. On official website, there is a red pcb but it's write nothing on it (maybe they don't update their picture). And on my red pcb it write i-ll-lx 07 over golden connector. So it's a real new version or fake? I didn't found a official reseller to compare picture.. My dealer said it's real. I don't know if i can say their name here.

here the picture;

4ktbf5.jpg

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, DSTTi Gold is a fake DSTT. There is no such thing as a "real" DSTTi gold. The only carts the DSTT team released were the DSTT and the DSTTi. Just because its a clone doesn't mean it won't work though, just do not run the official firmware on it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just run YSmenu on it with the unofficial firmware. Pretty much it's best to assume any flashcart with a team on it, like R4 or DSTT, with anything after it that isn't shown on the official site, is a clone or fake. Examples being R4i, R4i RTS, R4i Gold ect.

dcx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hum, i know it's a clone of dstti..

You don't know what is the difference between clone and fake!?
ohmy.gif

I want to know if i have a real dstti gold or if it's a fake of dstti gold.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Bit like asking if you have a fake or real one of these

blueberryphone7633132.jpg

As far as I'm aware no-one bothers 'faking' clones though.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
dcx said:
hum, i know it's a clone of dstti..

You don't know what is the difference between clone and fake!?
ohmy.gif

I want to know if i have a real dstti gold or if it's a fake of dstti gold.
you have a real dstti gold but a fake of a dstti

dcx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dter ic;
So you have a clone (it's normal)

clone; a card based on other card ex: dstti gold on dstti, r4i on r4
fake; a card identical (the package) to the real ex: we can buy a fake dstti with the same package (the only way to know if it's a fake is to boot with real kernel)

For dstti gold, i think that fake dstti gold can run under their kernel.
Anybody has same dstti gold than mine? red pcb with i-ll-lx 07?

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
It´s not my opinion. Is really a piece of shit with no team support and sucks like R4 clones.

Man. Sell that piece of shit and buy Acekard2i.

No, if it weren't opinion, then everyone would agree with you. Obviously thats not the case. I think the DSTT is great, it has good community support, good compatibilty, and does everything I need it to do and more with no problems. The AK2i, on the other hand, is twice the price, and for what? I don't have a DSi, the DSTT supports my 8 gig sdhc, and I don't have a Wii who so cares about Wii connectivity. Its all a matter of perspective.

dcx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The question is not if it's a shit or not!!

If you can't say if it's a genuine dstti gold or not, don't post message!
I have a dstwo, and i just want to know if i can trust my seller.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
0ddity said:
QUOTE said:
It´s not my opinion. Is really a piece of shit with no team support and sucks like R4 clones.

Man. Sell that piece of shit and buy Acekard2i.

No, if it weren't opinion, then everyone would agree with you. Obviously thats not the case. I think the DSTT is great, it has good community support, good compatibilty, and does everything I need it to do and more with no problems. The AK2i, on the other hand, is twice the price, and for what? I don't have a DSi, the DSTT supports my 8 gig sdhc, and I don't have a Wii who so cares about Wii connectivity. Its all a matter of perspective.

I think your argument is flawed. Everyone DOES agree that the DSTT is crap except the uninformed or the delusional.

Why dont you Shut Up dude

some people can afford much so just except it

everyone knows its terrible
but dont need to show off
i have a DSTwo but Retro & Myself do the updates as its good practice and y buy something new if old aint broke

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a DSTT before. I have no clue where you got your information or what you know but the thing was awesome. At the time M3 was starting to fail in ap patches so I reverted to DSTT. With a few files and patches the game worked faster than on a M3. Anyways in my opinion the cart is good but its been under-dogged and tossed to the side. It isn't totally perfect but it was satisfying. When it comes to what he bought I believe it's a R4i Gold clone which is a DSTTi clone so in reality he got a DSTTi.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
dcx said:
Dter ic;
So you have a clone (it's normal)

clone; a card based on other card ex: dstti gold on dstti, r4i on r4
fake; a card identical (the package) to the real ex: we can buy a fake dstti with the same package (the only way to know if it's a fake is to boot with real kernel)

For dstti gold, i think that fake dstti gold can run under their kernel.
Anybody has same dstti gold than mine? red pcb with i-ll-lx 07?
So you have a clone (it's normal) no i don't have a clone

whatever, you clone can run the offica dstt firmware if it has a fake-killer disabled

(DSTT's are crap nowerdays, i suggest nobody to consider buying one iof they are going to replace a r4 (get a acekard2i or dstwo instead)
of course if you currently own one then thats alright since you can still depend on unoffical support by pong nad reto atm)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is quite laughable. Since when have DSTT carts been good? I had one and the fact that I had to use a program to MANUALLY sort my games in alpha order made it a target for the fireplace. Only reason I could have to like it was because it was an extremely cheap alternative and my first SDHC flash cart. I'm just sad that their support died. They had SOME potential but other than that, its gone now, no point for me to dwindle on the past.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, all of you get off your high horses, you sound like a bunch of dorks bragging about your dick size. Who cares if you couldn't sort your games alphabetically, boohoo. There's five gui's you can choose from, you can play DS, SNES, MAME games with almost perfect compatibility, there's great homebrew apps and games that work great on it, it's all very easy to set up, for under $10. That hardly qualifies as "shit," in fact, thats pretty fucking awesome. Who cares if it doesn't have a couple things some other cards have, not everyone needs that crap.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Wow, all of you get off your high horses, you sound like a bunch of dorks bragging about your dick size. Who cares if you couldn't sort your games alphabetically, boohoo. There's five gui's you can choose from, you can play DS, SNES, MAME games with almost perfect compatibility, there's great homebrew apps and games that work great on it, it's all very easy to set up, for under $10. That hardly qualifies as "shit," in fact, thats pretty fucking awesome. Who cares if it doesn't have a couple things some other cards have, not everyone needs that crap.

We're not on high horses. You can spend about 11 bucks and get an Acekard. It has far better compatibility with homebrew and such, and it's way more organized. I'm not hating the cart, I'm just proving a part. I own a DSTT myself and I just recently gave it to a friend. I KNOW what you're talking about, don't worry. I'm just saying it'd be far more worth the money if you shelled out two more bucks or so and bought something worthy of owning. AFAIK, support for DSTT dropped long ago. Now, you get a mass of clones in crap so deep it looks like the R4 scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: