DSTT works on one DS and not another???

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by 22canuk, Dec 21, 2008.

Dec 21, 2008
  1. 22canuk
    OP

Newcomer 22canuk Newbie

Canada
    Set up 2 cards for my sister on her 2 DS's and she is having lots of problems with the "white screen" when starting, DS freezing when picking a game and if she gets into a game....it will eventually freezes. This happens on both DSTT cartridges on both DS's.

To fix the issue I have tried everything, including 2 new memory cards all formatted by Panasonic......."safely remove hardware".....games folder.....only putting in 5 games.....always problems.

ISSUE: I got so frustrated with her that I took the 2 DSTT's home so I could see all the problems myself. If I take the same 2 cartridges and put them in my DS....they work fine. THey start, load and play everytime.

I am running 1.15 for anyone that cares.

The only thing I can think of is that she is getting bad contacts....how do you fix this? Am I missing something else?

2. freddysmith

Newcomer freddysmith Member

United States
    Maybe her DS has a fault, does it play normal game carts OK?

3. 22canuk
    OP

Newcomer 22canuk Newbie

Canada
    It plays everything. I believe she even has tried a neighbours DSTT and it works fine. It is just these 2 cartridges.

Note: I bought it from DX.....so if I put in a RMA what do I say?

4. dsoutware

Newcomer dsoutware Member

Netherlands
    i think you shouln't say anything. you shouldn't even return it since it is so cheap for one. And it has no fault at all. Your playing ok with those two carts right. I think maybe a good reset on her DS might help. Just open the battery cover and do a reset on her DS. Then do a clean format of sd card, then put fresh 1.15 dstt firmware on with just one game in game folder and let it loads. See how it goes.

5. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Maybe for whatever reason it's not fitting as well in hers as it is in yours. Try a small piece of folded paper (or thin cardboard) between the label side of the card and the DS. If that helps it's probably a contact issue.

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It sounds like a contact problem. Yes, return them to DX, and tell them they don't work in your Nintendo DS, that you can random freezes as if it's not making proper contact.

-Bri

7. 22canuk
    OP

Newcomer 22canuk Newbie

Canada
    Thanks everyone.