dsjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

Got a new DSTT today from DX. I already own a real one (well the fake killer did not kill it) and wanted a backup just in case.

The new one has a plastic (vs metal) SD card slot. This is nowhere to be found on www.ndstt.com ...

Anybody got one like this? It says DSTT 8S over the contacts. Slot is on the left when looking at the components (or when inserted in DS).

If you real need a picture I will take one.

dsjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the pic but can not find how to post it...
wink2.gif

Must be missing something obvious. Do I need to upload it somewhere before clicking on the Insert image?

Sorry for the forum noobiness.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for posting the picture, dsjo. Any way to get a better picture without the glare on the microSD holder? Try using a bright light shining on the PCB at an angle when you take the picture and you should be able to turn off your flash.

So does the Flash Checker say it's real or fake?

-Bri

smftie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I recently bought a DSTT and mine too came with a plastic SD card,
my first reaction was WTH, because i had prevously read about all the clone issues.

Now i'll be honest i have not been brave enough to try the (unmodified) 1.16 firmware, i'm using a patched YSMenu with fake killer removed.

I did however run the flash checker recently linked by niu

And got :

DSTT Flash Checker 0.01

unknown device : 03003801
Good! (^^)v

now it looks almost identical to the "new card slot on the right" picture on http://www.ndstt.com/anti_fake.html
except for the plastic card slot.

Anyway not trying to hijack a tread or anything, but i'd just thought i'd post another image for you to ponder over...

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the picture, smftie. Yours and dsjo's are the first I've seen with plastic microSD holders. However, team DSTT is notorious for having LOTS of different designs for the same flash cart (I assume they keep switching factories or something) and a new one seems to appear every few months. That only adds to the confusion between real and fake carts because it becomes increasingly difficult to distinguish them. So yours could very well be real.

Either way,you should run the 1.17 fake-killer removed firmware or YSMenu (with the loader from the 1.17 fake-killer removed firmware). See the FAQ stickied to the top of the DSTT forum for more information.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks dsjo. I sent an e-mail to Team DSTT with pictures of both yours and smftie's carts. I'll let you know what they say.

-Bri

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
looks pretty similar to the real ones I have had and also marked in the images (link in my signature to fake or real TTDS)

With slightly different board stamps the ones I have and linked in my signature say DSTT 8 and this one shows DSTT 8S

the image above also shows NDS-AGB 8S whereas the older images show NDS-AGB 8 so maby this is a new revision REAL card!?

they both look pretty similar although the fakes out recently are also getting closer to the real cards!

but as above no mention from the TTDS team on this yet so cannot prove or disprove this fact!?

*maby email them and send the picture and ask is it real or fake *
smile.gif

edit Bri beat me to that point lol!

but hey great minds think alike lol!

dsjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow thanks guys for all the feedback, and Bri for contacting the DSTT folks. Hope we will soon know the truth right from the horse's mouth.

dsjo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No spring. Just push fit. The SD is not locked in place and you have to pull it out.

Not very handy but prevents spring issues...

k3vin369

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The two pictures of seen are really different when compared. The first one at the bottom said DSTT 8S. Stewness' just simply says, "2i". I think Stewness' is fake.

Stewness also check if you have the TTMENU at the ROOT of the microSD card.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try turning on the option to view filename extensions if you haven't already, and make sure that you have a file named "TTMENU.DAT" and a folder named "TTMENU" on the root of your microSD card. You should also have a folder named "games" that contains your ".nds" files, and your microSD card has to have plenty of free space on it to create the system files it needs.

-Bri

wabbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Thanks dsjo. I sent an e-mail to Team DSTT with pictures of both yours and smftie's carts. I'll let you know what they say.

-Bri

I just received the same cart as dsjo from DX today. My first cart so I hope it's legit, I'll be watching this thread too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt