DSTT, Warcraft Tower Defense, and Super smash bros Rumble

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by AuroraKnight, Aug 13, 2008.

1. AuroraKnight
    OP

Newcomer AuroraKnight Newbie

United States
    I registered for this sole purpose. I've been all over the internet trying to figure out why Super smash bros rumble and warcraft tower defense just wouldn't work on my DSTT. GBAtemp is where I found the most answers. Problem was, there was always a group of people who said it did work, and a group of people making the topic, but never getting it to work. I'm hoping to set that problem straight with this topic. I originally couldn't get it to work, but I did get it to work today. I have a 4gb Kingston microSDHC card. I still haven't gotten those homebrew programs to work on it, however, my 1gb Kingston microSD, it worked everytime using DSorganize. I literally tried to do everything I could to make it not work, and it worked. So I'm assuming the problem occurs with microSDHC cards though it's just a theory. My question to all of you is, what exactly could be the difference between microSD and microSDHC and why does that difference make it not work on microSDHC cards? More over, does anyone out there have any solutions I could test?

2. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    it would be the difference in the DLDI patching between SD/SDHC cards.
    and yeah.. i got a 8GB Sandisk MicroSDHC card.. and i can't start those homebrews with any method..

3. AuroraKnight
    OP

Newcomer AuroraKnight Newbie

United States
    Hmmmm, I don't quite get that. I would think manually dldi patching it would fix that since there'd be no need to dldi patch it then but it doesn't. Is it the way DSorganize handles it or the way the DSTT itself does it? :wtf:

Also does anyone have any idea how I could get my hands on the microSD dldi for sure (not the SDHC driver though I wouldn't mind having both), maybe extract it from the TTMenu.dat file or something. I tried the one on yasu's site but I'm not sure which of the 2 drivers it is.

4. sscho97

Newcomer sscho97 Member

Canada
    Well... before these games didn't work for me either but I learned out that there is a modified ttdldi.dat that supports more homebrew... so then it fixed it (it might be the 1.17a02 firmware though..)

Here's the modified ttdldi.dat link : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5157

( Note: I am running YSMenu)

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The modified ttdldi.dat should work with the official firmware to improve compatibility with homebrew. The unofficial 1.17a02 firmware already has it, if I'm not mistaken.

-Bri

6. denieru7

Member denieru7 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I don't know about TT cards, but I own an r4 with ysmenu on it. Since YSmenu uses the TT loaders, the above two homebrew don't load, but i found a solution: DSkiosk. It's a homebrew that loads homebrew, and I can confirm that Warcraft Tower Defense works now, not sure about super smash bros rumble.

From what I know, all and every homebrew is loadable with DSkiosk, so it should be fine.

Sorry for the bump [​IMG]

7. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Use YSMenu?