DSTT/ TTDS DLDI file

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by OSW, Mar 21, 2008.

Mar 21, 2008

DSTT/ TTDS DLDI file by OSW at 12:40 AM (15,192 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. OSW
    OP

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    clearly the DSTT autopatches DLDI homebrew, but for my own reasons i want to be able to manually patch a file first.

however it appears that the DLDI file is not in public hands.

so does anyone have it?

or would it be too much to ask for someone to produce a homebrew which will extract the DLDI from itself (in ram)?

EDIT: i think i've searched all the firmware files in a hex editor and can't find any trace of the DLDI file. then i dumped the firmware and nothing at that either.

er, wait a sec, maybe it's encrypted... better check this out.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yasu's ttextract.exe (that comes with YSMenu) seems to create two files from TTMENU.DAT, one of which is named "ttdldi.dat". Perhaps that's the file you're looking for?

-Bri

3. OSW
    OP

Australia
    hmm thanks for the tip.

it's def not the dldi file in it's pure form at least, but maybe it's somewhere inside...

EDIT: renamed to ttdldi.nds, ran from dsorganise. seems to call itself DLDI debug tester and did a successful test...

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The other file extracted by ttextract.exe is "ttpatch.dat". Maybe that's what you're looking for.

YSMenu DLDI patches, so obviously Yasu has figured out how to obtain the DLDI information for the DSTT.

-Bri

5. arsehat

Member arsehat GBAtemp Regular

Australia

Indeed. Yasu has a ttio.dldi file - which is, in fact, the dldi used in YSMenu - up on his site:

http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/

(do a search within that page for ttio.dldi)

Verified to work with DSOrganise and FlashcartOS, both of which I have successfully patched with it and renamed to TTMENU.DAT and booted on the bare DSTT.

Additionally, YSMenu has been successfully patched with the R4 DLDI (as verified by encrypting and booting on a bare R4) then re-patched back with ttio.dldi and then succesfully booted on the bare DSTT.

So, I'd say that ttio.dldi appears to work for most practical purposes.

ttpatch.dat seems to be the loader/patcher for commercial roms - ttdldi.dat will be the loader/patcher for DLDI-compatible homebrew. You'll probably find the data in ttio.dldi buried somewhere in ttdldi.dat if you look hard enough.

While we're on the subject of the DSTT, anyone got any idea how YSMenu uses ttpatch.dat? I've got a few days off, and the source code for DS-DOS and DSOrganise and DSBrowser...

Edit: Yay, 100th post! [​IMG]

6. OSW
    OP

Australia
    ive been through his site but i didn't notice that before.

cheers man!

7. arsehat

Member arsehat GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Unfortunately, that's the way things are some times - they hide in plain sight.

8. OSW
    OP

Australia
    Ah, also should note that i managed to extract the DLDI myself!

It was inside the DSTT Firmware (that i dumped using rudolphs tools).
    The reason i didn't notice it early was because i was stupid searching the hex for "chishm" rather than "Chishm" with a capital "C" X_X

However it was not quite identical to Yasu's one. But it appears to work satisfactorily.

9. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Did anyone manage to extract the dldi info from the ttdldi.dat? Mainly I'm just wondering the there is a standard patch in there?

10. OSW
    OP

Australia
    i couldn't find the dldi inside ttdldi.dat, if it's there it's encrypted or something.

i got the dldi from the firmware dump (i used rudolph's tools)