DSTT stuck on loading when started?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Chaoszero, Mar 8, 2008.

Mar 8, 2008
  1. Chaoszero
    OP

Member Chaoszero GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    When I start the DS it comes up with loading but then it freezes! Nothing happens, it just stays there. Its been working fine up until now. Someone please help! [​IMG]

2. Chaoszero
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok now my computer won't recognize my card. nothing comes up.

Edit:Ok I've tried nearly everything nothing works I think my microsd card is screwed [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Chaoszero
    OP

United Kingdom
    right I have one more question to ask: on he back of my kingstons micro sd card there is some sort of thing stuck on it. anyone know what it does f I remove it?

4. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Stop bumping your topic.

I say try a new memory card on your DSTT, and if that doesn't work - buy a new DSTT (Only like $25 dollars at DealExtreme)

5. Ice Cold

Member Ice Cold GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Usually turning my DS off and on again solves the problem of the freezing loading screen. I get it often. It does sound like you have a bad mSD card or even a bad reader. It's hard to say, but most of the problems seem to connect to your card. Try using someone's mSD card and see if it works on your TT and your mSD adapter. You'll know then that there's either something wrong with your card or not.

6. terminator99

Member terminator99 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Do a full format with the highest cluster size possible.

The higher the cluster size the faster it will boot.

7. Chaoszero
    OP

United Kingdom
    yes, but I can't even get my card to show up on my computer. how am i supposed to format it? plus, I'll lose all my game data. aww man...

8. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Your SD card is dead.

Get a new one

9. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    A quick way to tell if the DSTT is bad or if it's something else is to try it without a microSD card inserted. If you see an icon that says "No card" then your DSTT is working properly.

It's possible that your card reader is the problem. Particularly if you're using the one that comes with the DSTT (many people have had problems with it). Try using another card reader and see if that fixes the problem before you assume it's the card.

-Bri

10. Chaoszero
    OP

United Kingdom
    well it brings up the no card icon when its not inserted. also i never got the card reader in the first place. i've been using a kinda old r4 one. i've also tried using a different card reader. doesn't work. i think i'll have to replace the card...

11. Bri

United States
    Yup, I think you're right! Sounds like a bad card!

-Bri

12. terminator99

Member terminator99 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Dont use an SD adapter, use a USB Card reader instead cos i had probs with SD adapters in the past.

13. Chaoszero
    OP

United Kingdom
    i just tried with a usb reader, nothing. I'm seriously screwed...

14. Damademan3

Newcomer Damademan3 Advanced Member

United States
    What i would do is take the dstt out. Start up the ds and wait for it to boot to menu. Turn off and place dstt back in then restart. If it does anything but start up i would then format the card and replace the menu and games. If you get same issue then get a new microsd.

15. ninty22

Newcomer ninty22 Newbie

New Zealand
    I have this exact same problem! My card was working fine and i was playing games but when i turned it off so that i could play another game the DSTT got stuck on the loading screen and now my computer wont recognize the card. It just brings up an error saying that the computer cant read it when it had done previously.

16. Bri

United States
    A lot of problems with microSD cards seem to be due to the crappy card reader that comes with the DSTT. You should get yourself a different card reader.

It is possible that your microSD card is now bad (i.e. won't be recognized with any card reader). If it's a Kingston, they should replace it for free (I believe they have a lifetime warranty).

By the way, is your DSTT a real one or one of the "fake" gold dot / J2 ones? If you don't know, see this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=101132

The "fake" ones are the pictures with an "X" on them, evident by the gold dot and the "J2" as shown in the pictures.

-Bri

17. 4zndude345

Banned 4zndude345 Banned

United States
    yo when i take out my Sd card it brings me to the real ds menu and my dstt aint the fakes or clones ones? and it freeze alot on me now

18. Bri

United States
    OK, when you turn on the NDS with the DSTT in it with no microSD card in the DSTT it takes you to the NDS menu instead of showing you an icon that says "No Card"?

If that is the case, it sounds like you have a bad DSTT. You'll need to exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

19. 4zndude345

Banned 4zndude345 Banned

United States
    fixed it i just reformatted it and it worked