DSTT Setup Help!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by cfc611, Mar 16, 2008.

Mar 16, 2008

DSTT Setup Help! by cfc611 at 11:11 PM (7,501 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. cfc611
    OP

Newcomer cfc611 Member

Canada
    Yesterday I bought a DSTT card which didn't come with installation CD. So I went to its offical web site to download the files for setup.

I tried TTMenu v1.o8 (which contain TTMenu folder and TTMenu.dat file only) and I copied the folder and data file to the MicroSD root and started the DS. The screen on DS only shown a logo "Menu?" and cannot start up DSTT menu.

Therefore, I went down to TTMenu v1.07 (which contain TTMenu folder, TTMenu.sys and TTMenu.dat which I copied all these to the root of the MicroSD card) and started up DS again. However, the same logo "Menu?" appeared and DSTT menu cannot started up.

I also tried to lower one more version TTMenu v1.06 (which contain TTMenu folder, TTMenu.sys and TTMenu.dat which I copied all these to the root of the MicroSD card) and started up DS again. But no luck, I cannot start up DSTT menu.

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong? Thanks

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    you put TTMENU.DAT in the root, then the TTMENU folder in the root.

3. cfc611
    OP

Newcomer cfc611 Member

Canada
    Thank you for your advise. I did put TTMenu.dat and TTMenu folder in the root but nothing happened. I just wonder how come the v1.08 doesn't have sys file and how could the DS work? Also, may the DSTT carb be defective?

4. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    the TTMENU folder has all of it contents right?

if it does, try reformatting you MicroSD Card after backing up anything you have on it. if that doesn't work then your DSTT is defective probably

5. r4dsrevolution

Newcomer r4dsrevolution Newbie

United Kingdom
    how to test card! put the dstt card in the nds without micro sd in! if it says -- no card -- then dstt is ok! just means files are not put onto micro sd correct!

6. cfc611
    OP

Newcomer cfc611 Member

Canada
    I just tried to format the SD card and reintalled the TTMenu again but doesn't work. Probably, it is a defect card. I'm going to exchange or return it tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

7. cfc611
    OP

Newcomer cfc611 Member

Canada
    I took out the SD card and "No Card" sign come out! So, that means I'm not doing the things correctly. Could anyone point out what I have done wrong? Thanks

8. r4dsrevolution

United Kingdom
    p.m me your email address i will send you everything ready to put onto your micro sd card...

9. cfc611
    OP

Newcomer cfc611 Member

Canada
    My email address is cfc611@live.ca

10. r4dsrevolution

United Kingdom
    check your email! unzip everything out of the zip file onto your micro sd card..... let me know how you get on....

11. cfc611
    OP

Newcomer cfc611 Member

Canada
    Thank you for your email but I can't open it because IE popped out said it cannot scan the file as it embedded too many zip files. I just replied your email and could you resend it to my another email address as stated inside? Thanks

12. r4dsrevolution

United Kingdom
  13. cfc611
    OP

Newcomer cfc611 Member

Canada
    Thanks, I got the file. I extracted and copied everything into the root of the SD card but still doesn't work.

14. r4dsrevolution

United Kingdom
    try another s/d card to be sure! if it still dont work change your dstt!

15. cfc611
    OP

Newcomer cfc611 Member

Canada
    I'll buy another card and try it again. Thanks everyone.

16. jann0519

Newcomer jann0519 Newbie

Canada

Hello there! I was wondering if you can help me setup my DSTT. i just got it today & i'm trying to set it up but its not working for me. please advise. i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
    jann

17. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Jann,

Read some of the posts in this forum for more details, but in general, you need to download the latest firmware from this link, unzip it, and put the file TTMENU.DAT and the TTMENU folder (along with its contents) on your microSD card. Then make a folder called "games" on your microSD card and put all your .nds files in there. Then use the "safely remove hardware" option to remove your microSD card from your computer, place the microSD into your DSTT, and place the DSTT into your Nintendo DS. Turn it on, and you should see a list of the games you put on your card. Select one to play it.

-Bri

18. cfc611
    OP

Newcomer cfc611 Member

Canada
    The problem is the SD card (Kingston 2G make in Japan). I replaced with another SD card (Kingmax 1G make in Taiwan) and got the dstt work finally. I don't really know why is that. I could use the 2G card to read and write some other file but cannot use in dstt. Anyway, thanks everyone for your help so far.