Hacking DSTT Setup Help!

cfc611

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yesterday I bought a DSTT card which didn't come with installation CD. So I went to its offical web site to download the files for setup.

I tried TTMenu v1.o8 (which contain TTMenu folder and TTMenu.dat file only) and I copied the folder and data file to the MicroSD root and started the DS. The screen on DS only shown a logo "Menu?" and cannot start up DSTT menu.

Therefore, I went down to TTMenu v1.07 (which contain TTMenu folder, TTMenu.sys and TTMenu.dat which I copied all these to the root of the MicroSD card) and started up DS again. However, the same logo "Menu?" appeared and DSTT menu cannot started up.

I also tried to lower one more version TTMenu v1.06 (which contain TTMenu folder, TTMenu.sys and TTMenu.dat which I copied all these to the root of the MicroSD card) and started up DS again. But no luck, I cannot start up DSTT menu.

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong? Thanks

cfc611

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your advise. I did put TTMenu.dat and TTMenu folder in the root but nothing happened. I just wonder how come the v1.08 doesn't have sys file and how could the DS work? Also, may the DSTT carb be defective?

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
the TTMENU folder has all of it contents right?

if it does, try reformatting you MicroSD Card after backing up anything you have on it. if that doesn't work then your DSTT is defective probably

r4dsrevolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how to test card! put the dstt card in the nds without micro sd in! if it says -- no card -- then dstt is ok! just means files are not put onto micro sd correct!

cfc611

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried to format the SD card and reintalled the TTMenu again but doesn't work. Probably, it is a defect card. I'm going to exchange or return it tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

cfc611

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I took out the SD card and "No Card" sign come out! So, that means I'm not doing the things correctly. Could anyone point out what I have done wrong? Thanks

cfc611

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your email but I can't open it because IE popped out said it cannot scan the file as it embedded too many zip files. I just replied your email and could you resend it to my another email address as stated inside? Thanks

cfc611

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I got the file. I extracted and copied everything into the root of the SD card but still doesn't work.

jann0519

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r4dsrevolution said:
p.m me your email address i will send you everything ready to put onto your micro sd card...

Hello there! I was wondering if you can help me setup my DSTT. i just got it today & i'm trying to set it up but its not working for me. please advise. i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
jann

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jann,

Read some of the posts in this forum for more details, but in general, you need to download the latest firmware from this link, unzip it, and put the file TTMENU.DAT and the TTMENU folder (along with its contents) on your microSD card. Then make a folder called "games" on your microSD card and put all your .nds files in there. Then use the "safely remove hardware" option to remove your microSD card from your computer, place the microSD into your DSTT, and place the DSTT into your Nintendo DS. Turn it on, and you should see a list of the games you put on your card. Select one to play it.

-Bri

cfc611

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is the SD card (Kingston 2G make in Japan). I replaced with another SD card (Kingmax 1G make in Taiwan) and got the dstt work finally. I don't really know why is that. I could use the 2G card to read and write some other file but cannot use in dstt. Anyway, thanks everyone for your help so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, My friend passed away 3 days ago. :( +1