DSTT Setup... before recieving card?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by WildWon, May 27, 2008.

May 27, 2008
  1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Alright.

Ordered a DSTT a few days ago for a buddy of mine. Will it be possible to setup a folder on my harddrive which i can then setup everything to put onto the micro sd for when the card arrives?
    He's just looking for backup play (and a cheap cost, which is why i got the TT heh), so i don't need much advice there.

What i have so far:
    DSTT newest firmware (from the neoflash site): v1.08
    A relatively new cheat archive (from the wonderful forums here heh)
    and backups (and saves)

So, does is the firmware installed onto the card in the way that a SC-DS1 is? (i.e. NOTHING is on the flash cart, its all on the microsd, so i can set up folders and everything will work directly from a copy to the microSD?) or is it more like the Cyclo (where the firmware is stored on the flash cart itself?)

Thats for the info... and anything else you might want to toss out.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Sounds to me like you're good to go. [​IMG]

Oh, but get some sort of App to manage the various files.

3. shajal

Newcomer shajal Advanced Member

United States
    yeah u have to put the frimwares wihch u downloaded from neoflash and plce them in the root of the dstt and u can out games and other stuff on the dstt root. but u must have ttmenu and ttmenu.dat files on the micro sd card to make everthing work.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The firmware is stored on the microSD card.

You'll want your games and saves in a folder (NOT on the root) of your microSD card.

You might want to change skins at some point (just delete the "TTMENU/skins/default" folder and replace it with a new "default" folder containing the new skin).

You might want to grab YSMenu (a homebrew menu system with some advantages over the official menu) at some point once everything is working.

-Bri

5. shajal

Newcomer shajal Advanced Member

United States
    lol eah not the root put the games and saves on a folder i forgot or i just leanrd it from BRI

6. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Re: Firmware

I'd recommend downloading the latest firmware (v1.10) from www.ndstt.com. If you did that, unzip it then place the TTMenu folder and TTMenu.dat file on the root of the microSD. Do not copy the folder eng.

Re: What to do

1. Have a skin from this site or ndsthemes.com if you want personalization.
    2. Download YSMenu (ask Bri for this)... It may look ugly but in my opinion, way better than TTMenu.
    3. Makes a Games folder and put all your backups on it so when you get the TTDS, just copy the whole folder on the microSD. (same goes to the kernel). The No.1 reason why DSTT hangs is because the files are placed in the root folder of the microSD. Placing them in another folder will make things better.