DSTT & SDHC Card to buy??

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by disc0rd, May 9, 2008.

?

Which is the best card to get?

1. A-Data Reader Series microSD Memory Card Trio 4GB (USB+SD interface) $36.49

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kingmax 4GB MicroSD(TransFlash) Card w/SD adapter, Compatible Mobile Phone (KT004G-KX) $25.49

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kingston microSDHC 4GB (Class 4) High Capacity micro Secure Digital Card (SDC4/4GB) $30.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Patriot Signature MicroSD 4GB Micro Secure Digital High Capacity Class 6 Flash Card W/Adapter (PSF4G

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Transcend microSDHC Class 6 Card 4GB (TS4GUSDHC6) $27.99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
May 9, 2008

DSTT & SDHC Card to buy?? by disc0rd at 9:28 PM (1,840 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. disc0rd
    OP

Newcomer disc0rd Newbie

United States
    Hello All,

I am new to this forum and I JUST picked up my DSTT last night. Game play is excellent. Load time quick and I am loving it... although i have nothing to compare it to, ie, R4, cyclo, ak2, etc.

Suffice it to say, I am more than satisfied.

I have an old kingston 1 gb micro card and it is already 80% filled with just a few files.

I live in Toronto Canada, and we have a shop that has amazing deals on Micro SD Cards, included are links.

http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=Sh...;id=990.218.987

The DSTT supports SDHC, so my question is, which is the best deal, comparing price/feature/values.
    Right now, I am leaning towards Transcend class 6 4gb SDHC card for $27.99 or the Kingmax 4gb $25.49 which i believe is also class 6

2. disc0rd
    OP

Newcomer disc0rd Newbie

United States
    P.S. I was seriously contemplating getting one of the 6gb SDHC or 8 gb SDHC, but figured the 4gb was the sweet spot in terms of best bang for buck. i'll hold off on the 6/8 SDHC for now.

Your votes are appreciated

*cheers*

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I have a 2GB Kingston microSD and find it more than large enough (how many games can you play at once anyway)? If you're under 4GB, you can format in FAT16 which is much faster than FAT32 with the DSTT. If you're going to go with one of the larger cards, a class 6 should perform better than a class 4. A lot of people seem to like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...k=4gb%2bmicrosd

-Bri

4. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Get that one its the fastest card. And go with newegg as Bri said, as its a lot cheaper unless you want that adapter thingy.

5. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    go for a class 6

6. disc0rd
    OP

Newcomer disc0rd Newbie

United States
    I appreciate your replies. I will update once I purchase the card. I understand that if i purchase the card from new egg I'd save myself 10 bucks but I'm an impatient person and I'd rather pick it up immeidately than wait 1-2 weeks.