Hacking DSTT savfile not founded!

docedog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have loaded my new DSTT and am having some file issues. Sometimes I get "[Rom loading failed] savefile not founded! Please reset system" (founded is not my typo that's what it displays). I have another DSTT card I have been using for about 6 months with no problems. When I put the Micro SD in my old DSTT it works fine so its not an issue with it. Also, a few times it has erased everything in the Micro SD. I have reformated and loaded the card with just the operating files first and then the games as I have seen some posts on doing it that way, no help. I started out using V1.15 and also tried some older releases with no change. Anyone have an idea?

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Does the ROM in question have a filename with 8 characters or fewer and at least one space?

-Bri

ahhh, I knew this error was file-name related. I just hadn't worked out what exactly what.

I'll start sticking in underscores instead spaces from now on. though usually i fire up y's.nds and delete the dodgy save file and let y's create it instead for the few times I have had this error.

grout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this all the time. After anywhere from 1 to 10 hard resets, the error stops
and all is well (no actual game-saving issues either). I've tried short filenames
without spaces, and long filenames with underscores instead of spaces, to no
avail. Root folder or subfolder, the error still happens.

Both of my 2G microSDs are formatted using FAT, and I've checked the filesystems
numerous times for errors w/none found.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the same microSD card works in a different DSTT without changing anything, that's pretty good evidence of a bad DSTT. You should contact the store you bought it from and try to exchange it for a new one. Make sure if you get a new one that it's a real DSTT and not a fake (see http://www.ndstt.com/en/anti_fake.html).

-Bri

the_skdster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is your MicroSD card FULL?
Filling it to the brim with ROMs will not leave enough space to create new .sav files when you start other new games.

Always leave 50megs of free space for good measure.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good point, the_skdster. Also make sure that your .nds and .sav files are in a sub-folder (e.g. a "games" folder) and not on the root. There is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root of your microSD card.

Although either problem can cause errors due to not being able to create a proper save file, I would think that if either of these were the case and was causing the errors it would happen on any DSTT and the author of the OP indicated that he didn't get the errors on his older DSTT.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16