Hacking DSTT pokemon platinum lag

Black ace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever i'm on the menu when selecting items the menu lags whereas when I try it with my friends M3 real it doesen't.
Is there a fix?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Black ace said:
Derek Stiles said:
try to switch your menu to ysmenu, it's easy and it will look like a r4
I meant the menu inside pokemon platinum.
Try YSMenu.....

Clearly this is a problem with your card since it isn't effecting your friends M3.
YSMenu might solve the issue... it might not, but it's worth a shot.
Another source of the problem could be your MicroSD card.

jondie

Trophies
XP
Country
Black ace said:
My sd card is the same one my friend uses

I'm experiencing the exact same lag on pokemon, both, pearl and diamond. And i've narrowed it down to the problem is the MicroSD card.

I got a 8Gb card Class 4 MicroSD SDHC from Silicon Power, when copying to and from the card it performs like a class 4 card.
However Pokemon Pearl and Diamond lags to the point where it is unplayable, everything it slow, music plays in slowmotion, you walk slower, the bag is a hell.
The exact same game works like a charm on the old Fire Card DS i had bought my son.
So i tried formatting it everywhich way, 64Kb, 32Kb using dos and SDFormatter. no luck slow no matter how i did it.
Then i found an old 512Mb MicroSD card from my old phone (Nokia N95), and tried installing DSTT on that and Pokemon Pearl and Diamond, and vupti it runs fine, no lag at all.
So my guess is there is some problems using SDHC cards with DSTT.
I've tried the laggy card on 2 diff NDS machines with the same result.

So for now the kids are stuck with their Fire Card DS instead, while i try to contact the place i bought the DSTT to see if this is a known problem.

I might as well add, i've tried with the latest firmware, even the japanese one with updated libs and all but to no avail.

Terkel

jondie

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok ?

Dont have any more MicroSD cards to test with
But kinda guessing the standard nokia microsd card would be slower performing than the new 8Gb, hence leaning more toward the problem being with SDHC... could try formatting the card with 4kb limiting it to 2Gb to see if that changes anything

Terkel

jondie

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
When playing a game off of it what matters is the read speed, not write speed.

The class of the card is a measurement of the write speed and not the read speed, so it's possible for a Class 2 to play games better than a Class 4.

I Know, but as i said i was copying to and from the card with what seemed like Class 4 speeds

Terkel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans