Hacking dstt loading speed

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received one of these in the mail, I currently have two edge carts. The loading time on this dstt seems really slow. Loading gta takes anywhere from 15-20 seconds. It is real, I used the firmware from the dstt site. Can anyone offer any advice? Should I reformat the micro sd card? My other question is, this is the card with tf slot on the right if looking at the face of the dstt cartridge. Will the changes made by the savlib.dat and infolib.dat work with this card? I've never even touched a dstt till this point so I'm very unfamiliar with this cartridge. Reason I ask is this is for a friend and I'm hooking him up, I just wanna make this card a good experience for him and make the future games he gets for this function properly if they have a 1mb sav. He's not very computer literate so I was gonna switch these out for him if it would simplify it for him and help avoid future problems.

reference to the thread involving savlib.dat and infolib.dat
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141993

bow.gif
nds.gif
bow.gif

EDIT:my apologies for the double post, my laptop messed up. If one of the mods see this can you please combine the two so I'm not wasting forum space? Thank you

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
dark-koopa said:
my GTA was slow too........ now it takes 2-3 seconds

You're complaining it takes 2-3 seconds !!!!
blink.gif
Are you impatient or something ????
wtf.gif

You should compare it to 'N5 Revolution'

I don't have GTA but as a example I'll use 'Animal Crossing Wild World' using a cheap 2Gb Sandisk MicroSD (not one of their 'High-Speed' 2Gb either). The timing is based on when I start the game (Pressing [A]) to when the ingame 'nintendo' title screen shows up & Sound Plays

On my Old M3 Simply - took ~ 7-9 Seconds to load
On the N5 Revolution - took ~ 16-18 Seconds to load
ohmy.gif
Yes that's not a misprint !!!
On DSTTi (using TTMenu) - takes ~9-10 Seconds
On DSTTi (using YSMenu) - takes ~10-11 Seconds

Think yourself lucky it only take you 2-3 seconds

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kermitfrog said:
You're complaining it takes 2-3 seconds !!!!
blink.gif
Are you impatient or something ????
wtf.gif

You should compare it to 'N5 Revolution'

I don't have GTA but as a example I'll use 'Animal Crossing Wild World' using a cheap 2Gb Sandisk MicroSD (not one of their 'High-Speed' 2Gb either). The timing is based on when I start the game (Pressing [A]) to when the ingame 'nintendo' title screen shows up & Sound Plays

On my Old M3 Simply - took ~ 7-9 Seconds to load
On the N5 Revolution - took ~ 16-18 Seconds to load
ohmy.gif
Yes that's not a misprint !!!
On DSTTi (using TTMenu) - takes ~9-10 Seconds
On DSTTi (using YSMenu) - takes ~10-11 Seconds

Think yourself lucky it only take you 2-3 seconds

Uhhh.....he's not complaining at all. He's stating that his load times WERE long and now, after replacing those files, it only takes 2-3 second to load.

--

formicae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Swapping out the infolib.dat with the one in the other thread dropped my GTA load time from ~15 seconds (!) to about 4-5 (!!). Other games' load times were shortened as well. I wouldn't imagine there being a problem using the files on any revision of the DSTT -- the software's all the same and lives on the MicroSD...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
formicae said:
Swapping out the infolib.dat with the one in the other thread dropped my GTA load time from ~15 seconds (!) to about 4-5 (!!). Other games' load times were shortened as well. I wouldn't imagine there being a problem using the files on any revision of the DSTT -- the software's all the same and lives on the MicroSD...

I must be doing something wrong - I've downloaded & installed those new files into my TTMenu folder (Replacing the original ones) but the startup times for ACWW is in fact longer in loading (by a couple of seconds) regardless of whether it's a 512 or a 1Mb sav file

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kermitfrog said:
formicae said:

I must be doing something wrong - I've downloaded & installed those new files into my TTMenu folder (Replacing the original ones) but the startup times for ACWW is in fact longer in loading (by a couple of seconds) regardless of whether it's a 512 or a 1Mb sav file

Loading times and savefile sizes are not related.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The first time you load a game it can take a while, after that it'll load quite fast.
Every game i have on my flashcard (+/- 50) loads in 5 secs tops. It depends on your MicroSD card aswell.

PS: It always amazes me how people can get worked up over 10 seconds lol, i wouldn't even care if all my games took 1 min to load, once it's loaded i can still play it for 10 hours straight anyway..

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
kashin said:
The first time you load a game it can take a while, after that it'll load quite fast.
Every game i have on my flashcard (+/- 50) loads in 5 secs tops. It depends on your MicroSD card aswell.

PS: It always amazes me how people can get worked up over 10 seconds lol, i wouldn't even care if all my games took 1 min to load, once it's loaded i can still play it for 10 hours straight anyway..

I've tried again but still no joy in faster AC:WW loading (could it be I'm using an old SAV game & not letting it make a New one? - I Hate to lose my currentl settings).
Currently reformatting the MicroSD & I'll try again to see if that improves it. If it still doesn't 'speed up' then I Guess it must be something to do with card

What is the MicroSd card you are using (Manufacturer/Size/Standard SD or SDHC (class size if known?)) ?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you use the Panasonic formatter and not the Windows format. The Windows format doesn't conform to the SD standard and will either slow down your microSD card or will eventually cause corruption.

-Bri

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
kashin said:
It always amazes me how people can get worked up over 10 seconds lol, i wouldn't even care if all my games took 1 min to load, once it's loaded i can still play it for 10 hours straight anyway..
Seconded.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bri said:
Make sure you use the Panasonic formatter and not the Windows format. The Windows format doesn't conform to the SD standard and will either slow down your microSD card or will eventually cause corruption.

-Bri
I'm afraid that's all I do use to format MicroSD cards.
I've tried a 3rd time & STILL no speed improvements - so I'm guessing that :-

a) AC:WW doesn't benefit from the new libraries (I haven't tried any other games as they all seem to load in fast enough anyway IMHO)
b) My MicroSD card is 'getting on a bit' & not capable of fast access etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: