DSTT in-house! Pics and first impressions

brakken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This is the original TopToy flash card and not the Team Neo variation."

According to NeoFlash and other various sources the TTDS/DDST or whatever you want to call it is produced by a factory and both DSTT and NeoFlash are buying it from the factory. The coders behind the product are supposed to release updates that aren't specific for either unit. So both products are identical other then their packaging.

Personally, I'm reviewing the TTDS and it's NOTHING compared to the M3DS Real. The software isn't complete, it doesn't have perfect compatibility, download play doesn't work right and it's lacking GBA support even though it comes with a GBA cart! I've been told to hold off on the review for the next release of the software which will fix this issues.

So both products are the same so why the biased comments targeting the DDTS as the "original". They are both the same, they both run the same OS and they both are subpar compared to better solutions such as the M3DS Real and CycloDS Evolution.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this cart doesn't support the EZ Flash 3-in-1, then I'll have to pass. I was afraid it would be like that when I saw that it came with it's own slot 2 paks.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
My final review is also waiting for the update
biggrin.gif

BUT to show you how flat the TTDS/DSTT is (mine has NO bulp (or whatever))

Just make your own conclusion out of it!

(Hmmz, forgot how to embed the video
biggrin.gif
)

If this cart doesn't support the EZ Flash 3-in-1, then I'll have to pass. I was afraid it would be like that when I saw that it came with it's own slot 2 paks.

It does support the 3in1 with rudolphs exppack tool, ONLY for GBA in PSRAM and NOR

For Rumble and Ram you can use other patching tools
Rumble -> http://ezflash.sosuke.com/about4767.html
Ram -> http://ezflash.sosuke.com/about4262.html

For Ewin GBA Expansion pack -> http://rapidshare.com/files/61984108/GBALDR_v1_4_0.zip.html
Rumble works out of the box, no patching needed

It just depends on what you're willing to do to get it working.
tongue.gif

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The GUI so far looks nice. I like the fact that it has icons for Wifi ability and Download Play ability for each games (it seems). After having the M3 Real and getting rid of it, I'm glad a few more options are coming onto the scene.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
looks good. moulding of the plastic for the add on carts definitely doesn't look cheap like the M3 Real ones. PCB looks fair, at least we haven't been seeing any of those 'cracker bread' quality boards. I had a modem like that once, it felt like it'd snap in half when installed in a computer.

Will look foreward to seeing download play tested as well as other stuff, looks cool.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the EZ3in1 being harder to get and this one supporting SDHC for future cards then this is the one Im gonna get.
The Acekard RPG looks real nice aswell, but it seems so impossible to get.

I really want GBA support as well and that usb charger looks like a good extra. Plus the rumble pack.
Looks like one great deal, at sixty bucks it would seem worth the money.

brakken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the EZ3in1 being harder to get and this one supporting SDHC for future cards then this is the one Im gonna get.
The Acekard RPG looks real nice aswell, but it seems so impossible to get.

I really want GBA support as well and that usb charger looks like a good extra. Plus the rumble pack.
Looks like one great deal, at sixty bucks it would seem worth the money.

Have you even read other reviews or carts? This one falls way behind the rest of them. It's too basic if you ask me. The M3DS Real does what this thing should do. I'd wait for reviews to come out on this product and then compare them to the M3DS Real.

looks good. moulding of the plastic for the add on carts definitely doesn't look cheap like the M3 Real ones. PCB looks fair, at least we haven't been seeing any of those 'cracker bread' quality boards. I had a modem like that once, it felt like it'd snap in half when installed in a computer.

Will look foreward to seeing download play tested as well as other stuff, looks cool.

The Addon Carts that come with the M3 are solid as a rock. The only upside this device has over the M3DS Real that I can see is that the shell for the actual flash cart is thicker then the M3's. That's about it. Definitely not a something to base your purchasing decision on.

numbus12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does it support full gba without patching?
Also i am wondering it can work well with the R4 do you think that this can happen

gbaelink

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have tested the DSTT work great with ezflash 3in1 - GBA Function!
I will test the rumble and browser function today.
smile.gif

DSTT_ez3in1_01.jpg

DSTT_ez3in1_02.jpg

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Both the GBA Card and Rumble Pak is EWIN Product, you can use the ewin gbaloader to test the gba function although DSTT say hold on the GBA review lol

Work with EZ 3in1 GBA Function

I have test over 500 games for DSTT, there are only one game have saving problem and ave been reported to DSTT Team

yzx571

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Does it work with 3in1?
GBA&explorer pak = clean GBA support rom?
What is that USB cable for?

1. I tried out rumble using the 3in1 and it didn't work. I'll try out the opera browser and gba soon.
2. There doesn't appear to be any sort of GBA integration into the loader. I'm fiddling around with the GBA pak at the moment to see how it works.
3. No idea. One end is USB and i'm not sure what the other end is. It's not mini-usb.
It's a USB charger, not a data linker.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Call me shallow or ignorant, but I won't even consider this cart, simply because of the name.
It has nothing that other rival carts don't have, and it has a shit name.

That's kinda silly, we still don't know how it's price. If it's truly just as good and cheaper I think it'll do well. I don't care for the "TopToy" name myself but TTDS isn't that bad. I think names with "Xtreme" in the title are kinda tacky but that didn't stop me from getting the DS-X when it was the best slot1 cart out there.

If it really bothers you, as it might with others, just print a new label and skin the OS
tongue.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard Father Christmas may be dropping by GBAtemp HQ with a sack of these babies to give away in the next few weeks
wink.gif
Very enthralling.... perhaps less vague date than "next few weeks"? I would love to get one but hopefully christmas away from my home and at family's home with no access to GBATemp won't lessen my chances.

brakken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me shallow or ignorant, but I won't even consider this cart, simply because of the name.
It has nothing that other rival carts don't have, and it has a shit name.

Although, your judgment based on it's name is illogical you're right about the features. Heck, is has LESS features then most Slot 1 SDHC solutions on the market and in it's current form isn't even worth reviewing.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! I better haul my ass to work now... Oh wait, it costs 32USD.
That's a fairly good price, especially since it has a GBA Expansion Pack and SDHC support.

Is MiniOnlineStore the only place to get these now?

Meh, I think I'll hold off.. Especially since people are saying the GUI is incomplete, GBA doesn't work, blah blah blah.

~Nero

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
As someone else said the Ewin GBA loader works fine with the DSTT GBA pak. Grab it here.

No need to pre-patch GBA games at all, the GBA loader will do all that for you automatically. Works pretty well, just stick the loader on your card along with a few GBA games.

*edit* more details.

When first booting a GBA game the Ewin loader will load the game to the card then it will automatically patch the game then apply any save patches the game needs (it will auto-detect if it needs a patch or not). The second time you run the game it will just load the game to the card without going through all the patches as it's already done. It doesn't look like games can be kept on the GBA pak, they have to be loaded each time. Thankfully it's pretty quick loading. A 32mbit game loads in just a few seconds and a 128mbit game takes about 10.

Save files are written to the microSD card, no backing them up required when changing games and no fussing about. I'm really liking it so far.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm looks like a pretty decent Slot 1, I might need to buy one of these. My M3Simply is breaking, there are scratches on the chip and it doesn't load sometimes. . . how sad -___-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol