DSTT games freezing

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by naadde, Mar 23, 2008.

Mar 23, 2008

DSTT games freezing by naadde at 12:18 PM (2,757 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. naadde
    OP

Newcomer naadde Newbie

Finland
    So I have the DSTT and ALL games used to work (even contra 4).
    I got this "game" called "Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten", it doesn't work and it froze all my DS games. I formatted my 4gb SanDisk microSDHC to FAT16 and the games started working, but not Kanji Sonomama... And I turned off my DS and then the games still didn't work. Formatted to FAT32 and none worked.
    Formatted back to FAT16 and they work, but not kanji sonomama. I am using linux ubuntu and I formatted it with gparted. What should I do to get all games working?
    Should I wait for a new DSTT kernel?

2. Syao4

Member Syao4 GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    If by freezing you mean the DSTT gets stuck while loading,I opened a topic about it:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79387

The file solution that helped me is putting all the .nds and .sav files in a folder,because if you put too many games on the root it screws up the card.

3. Ice Cold

Member Ice Cold GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hmmm, sounds like the game that freezes up everything is a problem. It's probably a corrupt rom. You should always try getting all your games out of the root if they're there. Try re-DLing the rom again from a different site and see what happens?

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Usually, when someone says that all the games were working, then all of a sudden some of them stop working, it's because either their microSD is too full (no room for save files) or they have all their .nds and .sav files on the root rather than in a folder.

-Bri

5. krossgba

Newcomer krossgba Newbie

United Kingdom
    this sounds like the problem I have with a few of my friends cards, and all 100 games are on the root, however, when I format the card then replace all the files, it works again, so surely this should rule out to many roms on the root, as it should still not work after a format, as it still has the same number of files on the root, as when it stopped working.

6. Nakura

Member Nakura GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The problem IS too many files in the root, it wouldn't keep stop working if you put them in folders.