DSTT - !!!FIX FREEZE LOADING!!!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by -dstt-, Apr 14, 2008.

Apr 14, 2008

DSTT - !!!FIX FREEZE LOADING!!! by -dstt- at 2:55 PM (8,023 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. -dstt-
    OP

Newcomer -dstt- Newbie

United States
  2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Ummmm, its common sense to do this.

3. Ice Cold

Member Ice Cold GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    1.1 is released. That's enough reason for a post like this!

4. -dstt-
    OP

Newcomer -dstt- Newbie

United States
    yes, version 1.1 is released but I am saying 1.10 (one.ten) is released!!!!!

If problem continues, put the YSMENU on your DSTT!!!!!

google ysmenu!!!!

[​IMG]

5. Mrbob2

Newcomer Mrbob2 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Dont mean to be stupid but isnt 1.1 the same as 1.10????? as 1.10 is the latest firmware on the site..........

6. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom

Just out of curiosity, why is it common sense to format a card as FAT(16) instead of FAT32? This is the only recent card I've read about that has problems reading/writing to FAT32, all the others either didn't have the problem in the first place, or have been fixed quite quickly.

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    FAT32 is slower than FAT16 on just about any cart, as far as I know. The DSTT reads/writes from/to FAT32 just fine, but it's slower so some people complain that the menu lags. If the DSTT's menu system were faster it might not make any difference, so in that regard it's a problem with the DSTT's menu system, but I believe similar problems occur with other carts as well.

-Bri

8. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Because most people reformat their microSD's before use. I personally haven't because I have never had problem with anything, they all work fine.

9. Bigbacon

Newcomer Bigbacon Member

United States
    I've only experienced load freezes with the DSTT when I was dumping all my NDS files onto the root of the card. Once I moved them to a folder (as suggested by someone here) the freeing went away. I am still using Fat-32 and I just use the scroll bar to jump around in the menu.

10. Inylo

Banned Inylo Banned

Canada
    What were the files to put back? Cause now I forgot, and my TTDS is broken. I remember there was GAMES and TTMENU.DAT...

11. mick711

Newcomer mick711 Member

France
    Just go on www.dstt.fr or on the official website :

http://www.ndstt.com/

for download the last 1.16 it's old here April

12. Inylo

Banned Inylo Banned

Canada
    Okay, I have downloaded 1.16 and now on my Micro SD there is TTMENU.DAT, _moonshell.nds, a folder called eng, and a folder named moonshl. Is that all I need for my TTDS to turn on and work?

13. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    No, you need to extract the contents of the eng folder into the root of the sd card, not just drag the folder.

In the root you really only need the ttmenu folder and ttmenu.dat. It's generally considered a good idea to make a games folder and stick the games in there instead of the root, but it never really made a difference for me either way. The moonshell stuff, you don't need that just to play games, which is all I do, so I can't help you there other than to say it isn't needed to run the games.

14. Bri

United States
    First of all, you should use firmware version 1.15 not 1.16. There are some reports that 1.16 can damage some flash carts.

The firmware contains a file named "TTMENU.DAT" and a folder named "TTMENU" (sometimes these are inside an "eng" folder). Drag the "TTMENU.DAT" file and "TTMENU" folder to the root of your microSD card -- you should not have an "eng" folder on your microSD card.

Make a folder named "games" and put your .nds files in there.

For Moonshell, you will have a folder named "moonshl" on the root of your card and a file named "moonshell.nds" which you can put anywhere on your card (for example, in a folder named "apps").

-Bri

15. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    I already have 1.17 and it still freezes.

16. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
  17. Bri

United States
    This is an old topic. Read the FAQ stickied to the top of the DSTT forum. You may have a fake DSTT, and you may have killed it by using the official 1.17 firmware. Either way, carefully follow the directions under "My DSTT used to work and now it doesn't. What should I do?"

If that doesn't work, it is likely that you have a hardware problem. If it's the contacts you could try inserting some paper in with the DSTT to help it make contact with the DS. Otherwise, your best bet would be to return it for a new one.

-Bri