Hacking DSTT fails to run Tomb Raider - Legend (U)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Whenever I try to boot it, with DMA or not, Soft Reset enabled or not, Trimmed or not, a black box pops up and it says:

[Rom Loading Failed]

disk error code = -2147483632

Please Reset System

---
I'm using a 1GB Japan Kingston and 1.07 firmware.

gonna test its (E) release.

EDIT
its (E) release is same,
thankfully my other games work.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you that Tomb Raider Legend works with my DSTT with either firmware 1.07 and 1.08. You may have a bad ROM. Use Rominator to check the checksum of the ROM and make sure it's a good ROM.

-Bri

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I cant download Rominator (dial up problems) but both E and U roms of TOmb RAider Legend works on No $GBA emulator.

where is the problem? should I format to FAT32? change the Skin? what do you think.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to the NDS game, and just shortening the name (Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend). I have not tried the GBA game, but my understanding is that the success of GBA games also depends on the cart you have in slot2. Do you have the Ewin 2in1? Let me try it on my setup and see if I can get it to work. I'll report back here.

-Bri

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Bri, my friend, I'm talking about NDS game, Tomb Raider - Legend (E).nds
(maybe you got me wrong by name of that NDS emulator which is called NO$GBA, but its actually emulating NDS too)

EDIT
I copied it a couple of times and it finally worked, I'm using my MicroSD's own SD-Adapter and using my laptop's built-in SD Card reader and never had problems before and I was not copying bunch of files at once either.

What do you think the problem was?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I was confused! Sorry!

They both work on mine! I'm glad you got it to work finally!

I have had files copy incorrectly when copying multiple files at once. I could tell by the file size that they weren't the same as the originals, so I just recopied them and they worked. It sounds like you were having a similar problem. I don't know what the cause is (and it doesn't happen very often for me).

-Bri

swf3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whenever I try to boot it, with DMA or not, Soft Reset enabled or not, Trimmed or not, a black box pops up and it says:

[Rom Loading Failed]

disk error code = -2147483632

Please Reset System

---
I'm using a 1GB Japan Kingston and 1.07 firmware.

gonna test its (E) release.

EDIT
its (E) release is same,
thankfully my other games work.

just rename the sav file on your card! from CAPS to lower case! that all is needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its the same on rayman 2

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lost in Blue 3? It's a feature of the firmware that it doesn't allow you to play really crappy games. Don't you read reviews?

Seriously though, are your .nds and .sav files in a folder, or are they all on the root of your microSD? If they're on the root, put them in a "games" folder and all should be fine.

-Bri

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
lol.

I'm using DSTT for like 2months now and I know how to use it, my games are in NDS folder and homebrews in root of my cart, the same way I did for alot of games, but for this game, it started telling errors.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try updating the firmware to 1.09. It's in the download section here.

I'm assuming you have plenty of space your microSD for save files? Have you tried reformatting your microSD card? It seems like it's having trouble writing the save file based on the error you're getting.

-Bri

Guat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have to agree with Bri in this one, from the things that could be the problem (DSTT card/Micro-SD/Firmware/Bad Rom) either the Firmware or the Micro Card seems most likely to be the problem.

Format your card like Bri said, and just use about 60% of your Micro-SD space for a while and see if you encounter any more problems. Also, i'm pretty sure your are doing it already, but be sure to stop the device before disconnecting from the computer, data can get corrupted if not done properly.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
no, i think its the microSD card, since I removed another game and then copied this again and worked but this method didnt work on tomb raider (the original problem). and I'm still on 1.07.

another reason for being it on sd card is that I tried to rename the save from DSorganize and then it turned into something like "1%e .qk1.sav".

Its been like 2 months that I'm using this DSTT and there is merely space left on it but I had no problem but once or twice.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean "there is merely space left on it"? How much space is left on it?

Have you tried reformatting your microSD or using a different microSD to see if that is the problem?

Are you only having trouble with Lost in Blue 3 now, or are you still having trouble with others?

Is there a .sav file for Lost in Blue 3? Try deleting it and see if it will create a new one.

Another thing to try would be to find a valid .sav file from Lost in Blue 3, put it on your card, and see if that fixes it. If it does, then we know the problem has to do with creating saves, at least for certain games. Although, I have to say that I had no problem with Tomb Raider at all. I've not tried Lost in Blue 3.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.