DSTT deleting all files / games on Kingston SD Card

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Tayrn, Nov 3, 2008.

Nov 3, 2008
  1. Tayrn
    OP

Newcomer Tayrn Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have just received my DSTT and 2gb kingston sd card. Loaded games onto the card no problem and played a few games. Turned the ds on again to find that it had been completed wiped clean. Thought it was something my son had done so reformatted the sd card and reloaded firmware and more games onto it. My son played his ds for most of the day with no problems but has now turned on the ds to find menu? being displayed and the sd card is now empty again.

Does anyone know what is causing this or how I can stop this happening? I have used a few of these cards before but never had any problems.

Do you think the dstt or the sd card is faulty?

Thanks for your help!

2. votethedead

Newcomer votethedead Member

United States
    have u tries another sd card? may the sd is faulty....

3. robotal

Newcomer robotal Newbie

United States
    same thing happened to me although it didn't delete moonshell and the ttmenu directory.
    i had a weird file called OR then when i added one game it made an OS file and then when i downloaded the TTmenu.dat it added an OE file
    also I can't download the ttmenu.sys
    any suggestions?
    thanks

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Usually this is caused by the microSD card getting corrupt. Your microSD card can become corrupt for a number of reasons, including getting too full (you need to leave room for save files and system files to be written), having too many files on the root of the microSD card (always put your .nds files in a "games" folder), formatting using the Windows format function (use the Panasonic formatter instead), and not using the "safely remove hardware" function before removing the microSD card from your PC.

The behavior your described can also be caused by using the official firmware with a fake DSTT (the official firmware has code in it that will try to destroy a fake DSTT and can also corrupt the microSD card).

Follow the directions under "Q: My DSTT used to work, but doesn't work any more. What do I do?" in the New DSTT FAQ: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=140333

Pay special attention to step 11 to avoid corrupting your microSD card in the future.

-Bri