Hacking DSTT Cheats and there association with NDS roms

raffs_uk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, this is my first post so please be gentle....

I have downloaded the usrcheat.dat file and saved to the microSDcard and succesfully witnessed that some games now have asoicated cheats. Normally i change the ROM names so that they are meaningfull in DSTT menu.

So the question is.... Does this renaming affect the cheat functionality if the ROM name is changed?? Does the software use the game code from the NDS rom and the usrcheat.dat file to link the cheat with the game?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The name of the .nds file has no affect (the cheats are based on the internal name of the game, not the filename).

However, the DSTT stores your cheat settings for a game (which cheats you've enabled) so that the next time you go into the cheat menu it will have the same cheats selected. These cheat settings are stored in a file on your microSD card in the same folder and with the same filename as the .nds file but with an .arp extension. If you change the name of a .nds file once it's already created a .arp file, you'll also want to also rename the .arp file so that your cheat settings will be remembered.

Same goes for the .sav file. If you change the name of a .nds file that has a .sav file, remember to also rename the .sav file or you won't be able to resume your saved games.

-Bri

Fujiking

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
raffs_uk said:
Hi, this is my first post so please be gentle....

I have downloaded the usrcheat.dat file and saved to the microSDcard and succesfully witnessed that some games now have asoicated cheats. Normally i change the ROM names so that they are meaningfull in DSTT menu.

So the question is.... Does this renaming affect the cheat functionality if the ROM name is changed?? Does the software use the game code from the NDS rom and the usrcheat.dat file to link the cheat with the game?
moogle.gif
KUPO! Hi im s0 newB
how do you activate the cheats on DSTT?
I have alrready put the newest usercheat.dat in my microSD.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Oh, well then, just press the plus or whatever symbol the right side appears when you highlight the game, press it, the click cheat on the top. Then choose your cheats, then press a. After that, click the thing (plus) again, then press cheat to on. There you go.

And please don't use stuff like "s0 newB" It annoys me. "p0wned" is okay, but I don't like anything else.

EDIT: Oops, sorry elixir, didn't notice you wrote that. You wrote it while I typed this.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The FAQ doesn't exactly answer raffs_uk's question.

I believe that the cheat uses an internal identifier for the game, so changing the name of the game's file on your microSD card won't affect anything.

Note that if you were to change the name of the file later on, after using cheats, your cheat settings for the game would be lost unless you also rename the .arc file to match (that's where your cheat settings for the game are stored).

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: