Hacking DSTT + 2GB Kingston Japan at DX - has anyone bought this?

sk3tch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I'm debating whether or not to buy the DSTT plus the Kingston 2GB Japan microSD (the DSTT itself is $30 and it's only $12 more for a guaranteed Japan Kingston...I'd pay $10-$13 here and there's a chance I'd get Taiwan).

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10401

My question is, have any of you bought Kingston microSDs from DealExtreme? Are they authentic products or knock-offs?

Thank you.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never bought from DealExtreme, but according to other posts on this forum they are reputable. I'm guessing that it's a true Japanese Kingston. And that's a decent price. The only problem with DealExtreme is that their shipping is very slow (I've heard it taking 4 weeks or more).

-Bri

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it will be a japan card if thats what its advertised at
the DSTT does not care what card you put in it i have tested a 2GB kingston taiwan which everyone knows is a slow card & it played AC:WW & the castlvania intros perfectly in the DSTT

advice
lecture.gif

forget about the 2GB card & get yourself a SDHC card because you will fill the 2GB card in no time & you will wish you got a 4GB or bigger....

sk3tch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered because I checked the Kingston 2GB page on DX and all the reviews are very favorable. I don't mind waiting 4 weeks for the price (plus, I have a couple other flash cards).
smile.gif

Here's the 2GB Kingston page:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2396

helpme said:
advice
lecture.gif

forget about the 2GB card & get yourself a SDHC card because you will fill the 2GB card in no time & you will wish you got a 4GB or bigger....

I'm not a fan of SDHC cards (as you can see I have one with my CycloDS) because they use more battery. I prefer getting a nice, fast Kingston Japan card in 2GB size and I'm happy. Thanks for the tip, though.
smile.gif

mmalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sk3tch said:
Hi all,

I'm debating whether or not to buy the DSTT plus the Kingston 2GB Japan microSD (the DSTT itself is $30 and it's only $12 more for a guaranteed Japan Kingston...I'd pay $10-$13 here and there's a chance I'd get Taiwan).

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10401

My question is, have any of you bought Kingston microSDs from DealExtreme? Are they authentic products or knock-offs?

Thank you.

I always use dx these days and everything ive bought has been legit from them, just ordered a few of these myself for mates !

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would personally get it from leetmod.

DSTT is known pretty much for the lack of QC. I think leetmod is more compliant in terms of testing the cart first before sending it unilike DX (becuase they have so much orders).

Also, it costs like $5 or 10 USD more but the shipping is only 1 week. (free shipping also)

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i didnt buy the 2gb but i bought the 1gb which it was real japanese kingston,
however, as with all members here, experience with DX is extremely rather "poor" i suggest as yuwing said leetmod or i suggest gameyeeeah
although there's a money issue if its defective it would cost more than wat u could've got at gameyyeeeah

rix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought this combo a couple of months ago (dec/jan).
The 2GB microSD is Kingston Japan.

No complaints about the products, both the flashcard and the microSD are still working fine
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from leetmod.com a few weeks ago, and can attest that they are extremely fast. I would have gotten my package in 2 days if it hadn't been over a weekend (instead it took 3). I believe they also test carts before sending. You can send e-mail to make sure -- they answer their e-mail within a day.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo