DSTT + 2GB Kingston Japan at DX - has anyone bought this?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by sk3tch, Apr 1, 2008.

1. sk3tch
    OP

sk3tch GBAtemp Fan

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Hi all,

I'm debating whether or not to buy the DSTT plus the Kingston 2GB Japan microSD (the DSTT itself is $30 and it's only $12 more for a guaranteed Japan Kingston...I'd pay $10-$13 here and there's a chance I'd get Taiwan).

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10401

My question is, have any of you bought Kingston microSDs from DealExtreme? Are they authentic products or knock-offs?

Thank you.

2. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    I've never bought from DealExtreme, but according to other posts on this forum they are reputable. I'm guessing that it's a true Japanese Kingston. And that's a decent price. The only problem with DealExtreme is that their shipping is very slow (I've heard it taking 4 weeks or more).

-Bri

3. helpme

helpme GBAtemp Fan

Nov 23, 2005
    uk
    it will be a japan card if thats what its advertised at
    the DSTT does not care what card you put in it i have tested a 2GB kingston taiwan which everyone knows is a slow card & it played AC:WW & the castlvania intros perfectly in the DSTT

advice [​IMG]
    forget about the 2GB card & get yourself a SDHC card because you will fill the 2GB card in no time & you will wish you got a 4GB or bigger....

4. sk3tch
    OP

sk3tch GBAtemp Fan

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Cool, thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered because I checked the Kingston 2GB page on DX and all the reviews are very favorable. I don't mind waiting 4 weeks for the price (plus, I have a couple other flash cards). [​IMG]

Here's the 2GB Kingston page:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2396

I'm not a fan of SDHC cards (as you can see I have one with my CycloDS) because they use more battery. I prefer getting a nice, fast Kingston Japan card in 2GB size and I'm happy. Thanks for the tip, though. [​IMG]

5. mmalone

mmalone Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008

I always use dx these days and everything ive bought has been legit from them, just ordered a few of these myself for mates !

6. yuwing

yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Feb 18, 2006
    Canada
    i would personally get it from leetmod.

DSTT is known pretty much for the lack of QC. I think leetmod is more compliant in terms of testing the cart first before sending it unilike DX (becuase they have so much orders).

Also, it costs like $5 or 10 USD more but the shipping is only 1 week. (free shipping also)

7. genuisgeek

genuisgeek GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Taiwan
    i didnt buy the 2gb but i bought the 1gb which it was real japanese kingston,
    however, as with all members here, experience with DX is extremely rather "poor" i suggest as yuwing said leetmod or i suggest gameyeeeah
    although there's a money issue if its defective it would cost more than wat u could've got at gameyyeeeah

8. rix

rix Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2007
    Netherlands
    I bought this combo a couple of months ago (dec/jan).
    The 2GB microSD is Kingston Japan.

No complaints about the products, both the flashcard and the microSD are still working fine [​IMG]

9. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    I ordered from leetmod.com a few weeks ago, and can attest that they are extremely fast. I would have gotten my package in 2 days if it hadn't been over a weekend (instead it took 3). I believe they also test carts before sending. You can send e-mail to make sure -- they answer their e-mail within a day.

-Bri

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice