DSPad help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by myclock, May 28, 2007.

May 28, 2007

DSPad help by myclock at 1:33 PM (1,590 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. myclock
    OP

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    hey all, i just recently found DSPAD and was interested in using it with my pc. so i downloaded the 0.2b release by NeoFlash but i dont know what port numbers to put in there. ive installed PPJoy and set everything up for PPJoy. whats the difference for the two ports?

cheers.

2. Tdon

Member Tdon GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I basically have the same question.
    In addition though, I'm also wondering how PPjoy 'knows' where to get the input from... Or is there something I overlooked and still have to set up?

(incidentally, this is the first post I'm making from my DS. Using the DSO browser ^^ )

3. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    by not adsking for an input, but having it fed from a source program.

4. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm not sure what the local port does, I never changed the value. The server port is the port that the DS will use in addition to the IP to locate where the server is being used on the PC.

The basic understanding of how DSPad works is that it takes the input from the DS through the wireless connection and uses a server to interpret the input. Then PPJoy is able to grab those inputs from the server for an output.

Right now, the only real problem I have with DSPad (not DSPad really, but the server) is that it emulates keyboard inputs, not an actual virtual pad. So, if you hit A on the DS, it'll register has you actually pushing the A key on the keyboard. This is a huge contrast to say the PSP's WiFiController, which is essentially the same thing, but has an actual virtual pad configuration.

5. myclock
    OP

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    thanks for the info. i think im gna give up and just use my usb controller... too hard to configure for me [​IMG]